Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The Corporate Communication Digital Team creates, governs and evolves an integrated communications framework that further maximizes the department´s impact.
This position will directly contribute to this mission and Corporate Communication’s goals to manage and protect the adidas reputation and to drive internal and external message consistency and penetration.
The Assistant Manager Digital is mainly tasked with supporting and facilitating cross-functional communication across internal and external digital and social media channels to respective target groups and based on the provided strategic guidance.Key Responsibilities:
- Support the Digital Team in day-to-day operations
- Manage small content marketing, social media, digital platform or analytics projects within assigned area of responsibility
- Maintain content life-cycle on digital channels (content publishing, -promotion, -maintenance and -retirement) across Corporate Communication channels (e.g. a-LIVE, adidas-group.com, gameplan-a.com, corporate social media)
- Facilitate and support regular creation of social media content based on social media strategy and under proactive consideration of analytics insights.
- Support execution and evolution of content-, channel- and social media strategy within assigned area of responsibility. Generates ideas for social media activations.
- Assists Senior Manager Digital Activation with translating comms strategies into operative plans and processes
- Supports all comms managers in executing cross-functional campaigns via all digital channels.
- Establish trustful relationships with key business partners and represent Corporate Communication’s Team Digital within the assigned area of responsibility
- Act as role-model and ambassador for social media usage in the company
- Proactively monitor trends and developments in Content Marketing, Analytics and Social Media to support evolution of Corporate Communication framework.
- Work to achieve objectives and deliver results with a short-term, operational focus as part of the department targets
- Support education of employees and Corporate Communication Managers regarding how to leverage digital channels and content most effectively through operative tasks.
- Provide specific expertise for assigned functional areas towards team and business partners
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Corporate Communication & Creation Managers
- Corporate Website Stakeholders in e.g. Legal and Investor Relations
- Global HR (esp. Talent)
- External global vendors, agencies, channel providers (e.g. LinkedIn, Twitter, Instagram…) within assigned area of responsibility
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- System expertise: Microsoft Office Suite, Microsoft SharePoint Online, Django, Wordpress, Intranet Content Management Systems, basic Adobe Photoshop skills, solid knowledge and understanding of functionality and inner workings of Social Media Tools such as Twitter, LinkedIn, Facebook, Instagram, Tumblr, WordPress and others; Experience with Google Analytics and Sprinklr is a plus.
- Business understanding of digital & social media and community management
- Result orientation and pro-activity
- Ability to combine an analytical and creative mindset
- Ability to meet deadlines
- Ability to maneuver in a consistently changing environment
- Good communication expertise both written and verbal for adapting and exchanging information
- Fluent in (Business) English (written and spoken)
- Good storyteller and visual communicator
- University degree in business studies/marketing/communications or related field
- Minimum 2 years’ experience in related field
- First experience in Project Management
- First experience with Digital, Social Media, Community Management and Content Marketing