Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The management of projects, typically (but not exclusively) involving the development and implementation of business processes to meet identified business needs. The role acquires and utilizes the necessary resources and skills, within agreed parameters of cost, timescales, and quality. The adoption and adaptation of project management methodologies based on the context of the project and selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches. Additionally, the Tech Project Manager is capable to manage technology focused projects and understands software solutions or system architecture (e.g. SAP).Key Responsibilities:Demand management
- Implements demand management analysis and planning activities.
- Provides advice to help stakeholders adopt and adhere to the agreed demand management approach.
- Performs what-if analyses and scenario planning; develops insights and proposals to improve business value.
- Manages the process of integrating demand management with complementary strategic, operational and change management processes.
- Reviews new business proposals; provides advice on demand issues and routes requests to the right place.
- Works with business representatives to agree and implement short-term and medium-term modifications to demand.
- Maintains a register of business requests, including the status of each request, reporting as required.
Portfolio, program and project support
- Takes full responsibility for the definition, approach, facilitation and satisfactory completion of medium-scale projects (typically with direct business impact and firm deadlines).
- Identifies, assesses and manages risks to the success of the project.
- Ensures that realistic project plans are maintained and ensures regular and accurate communication to stakeholders.
- Adopts appropriate project management methods and tools whether predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Ensures Quality reviews occur on schedule and according to procedure.
- Manages the change control procedure and ensures that project deliverables are completed within agreed cost, timescale and resource budgets, and are signed off.
- Provides effective leadership to the project team and takes appropriate action where team performance deviates from agreed tolerances.
- Takes responsibility for the provision of portfolio, program and project support.
- Advises on the available standards, procedures, methods, tools and techniques.
- Evaluates project and/or program performance and recommends changes where necessary. Contributes to reviews and audits of project and program management to ensure conformance to standards.
Requirements definition and management
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organization change.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
Change implementation planning and management
- Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders. Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts.
- Establishes requirements baselines.
- Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed.
- Contributes to the development of organizational methods and standards.
- Creates the business readiness plan, taking into consideration IT deployment, data migration, capability deployment (training and engagement activities) and any business activities required to integrate new digital processes or jobs into the "business as usual" environment.
- Determines the readiness levels of business users with regard to upcoming changes; uncovers readiness gaps and creates and implements action plans to close the gaps prior to going live.
- Assists the user community in the provision of transition support and change planning, and liaises with the project team.
- Monitors and reports progress on business readiness targets, business engagement activity, training design and deployment activities, key operational metrics and return to productivity measures.
- Defines the series and sequence of activities to bring stakeholders to the required level of commitment, prior to going live.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- Identifies the communications and relationship needs of stakeholder groups.
- Translates communications/stakeholder engagement strategies into specific activities and deliverables.
- Facilitates open communication and discussion between stakeholders, acting as a single point of contact by developing, maintaining and working to stakeholder engagement strategies and plans.
- Provides informed feedback to assess and promote understanding.
- Facilitates business decision-making processes.
- Captures and disseminates technical and business information.
- Supports resource planning and may have full responsibility in recruiting process.
- Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews.
- Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Contributes to transitioning of resources, complying with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 10 -year experience in IT
- 7 years of experience in relevant area
- 5 years of experience in team management including professional
- International Experience - ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles for multiple years and has functional/market experience in projects with a local/global perspective
- Participated in a global project execution/ significant contribution to local/functional project