6 months STA
Department: TECH - EMEA Delivery Hub
Location: EMEAPurpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
The role of the Technology Consultant is responsible for the planning, installing and for the configuration of software solutions and systems. It is capable to support employees with specific applications and provides expert advisory. The role analyzes information systems of adidas and individualizes specific system solutions to meet the demand of the business.Key Responsibilities:Specialist advice
- Actively maintains recognized expert level knowledge in one or more identifiable specialisms.
- Provides definitive and expert advice in their specialist area(s).
- Oversees the provision of specialist advice by others, consolidates expertise from multiple sources, including third party experts, to provide coherent advice to further organizational objectives.
- Supports and promotes the development and sharing of specialist knowledge within the organization
Requirements definition and management
- Takes responsibility for investigative work to determine business requirements and specify effective business processes, through improvements in information systems, information management, practices, procedures, and organization change.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate business analysis methods, tools and techniques; selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Collaborates with stakeholders at all levels, in the conduct of investigations for strategy studies, business requirements specifications and feasibility studies.
- Prepares business cases which define potential benefits, options for achieving these benefits through development of new or changed processes, and associated business risks.
Systems integration and build
- Plans and drives scoping, requirements definition and prioritization activities for large, complex initiatives.
- Selects, adopts and adapts appropriate requirements definition and management methods, tools and techniques selecting appropriately from predictive (plan-driven) approaches or adaptive (iterative/agile) approaches.
- Obtains input from, and formal agreement to, requirements from a diverse range of stakeholders.
- Negotiates with stakeholders to manage competing priorities and conflicts.
- Establishes requirements baselines.
- Ensures changes to requirements are investigated and managed.
- Contributes to the development of organizational methods and standards.
- Defines the software modules needed for an integration build and produces a build definition for each generation of the software.
- Accepts completed software modules, ensuring that they meet defined criteria.
- Produces software builds from software source code for loading onto target hardware.
- Configures the hardware and software environment as required by the system being integrated.
- Produces integration test specifications, conducts tests and records and reports on outcomes.
- Diagnoses faults and records and reports on the results of tests.
- Produces system integration reports.
- Configures software and equipment and tests platform-specific versions of one or more software products.
- Reports the outcome of testing and identifies potential improvements to the process and to the software products according to agreed designs and standards.
If required: People Management / Resource Management:
- Maintains application support processes, and checks that all requests for support are dealt with according to agreed procedures.
- Uses application management software and tools to investigate issues, collect performance statistics and create reports.
- Supports resource planning and may have full responsibility in recruiting process.
- Implements resource plans, including conducting recruitment interviews.
- Facilitates selection, assessment and on-boarding processes, and internal resource allocation.
- Contributes to transitioning of resources, complying with relevant statutory or external regulations and codes of good practice.
- Ensures appropriate leadership skills are present at every level through creating a motivational and supportive work environment in which employees are coached, trained and provided with career opportunities through development
- Allocates the different work to the respective employees considering experience, complexity, workload and organizational efficiency
- Continuously monitors and evaluates team workload and organizational efficiency with the support of IT systems, data and analysis and team feedback and makes appropriate changes to meet business needs.
- Provides team members/direct reports with clear direction and targets that are aligned with business needs and GIT objectives
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Global IT
- Respective business function (GOPS, Finance, HR, Brand Marketing, Wholesale/Retail)
- HR Management
- Four-year college or university degree with focus on Business Administration or IT or related areas, or equivalent combination of education and experience
- Proficient spoken and written command of English
- At least 10 -year experience in IT
- 7 years of experience in relevant area
- 5 years of experience in team management including professional
- International Experience - ideally working abroad and mobile in leadership roles for multiple years and has functional/market experience in projects with a local/global perspective
- Participated in a global project execution/ significant contribution to local/functional project