MANAGER COMPUTATIONAL ENGINEERING - ENGINEERING
Line of Business: Future Engineering
Location (City): Portland, Oregon
Job Grade: M4
Direct Reporting Line: Senior Manager Engineering
Indirect Reporting Line: no
Personnel Managed: no
Key Interfaces (Relationships with other dept/groups): Future Team, BU Future Teams
Are you a high-performing Engineer who wants to go ‘all in’ and apply your skills towards innovating high-performance sports product? Do you want to help create a sustainable future for sport? Are you interested in providing the consumers of the future a new way to experience the adidas brand through your technical expertise? Does applying the latest material and process innovations on a fast time to market excite you? Have you ever dreamed about applying cutting edge engineering to create high level sport products for yourself, for your friends, or the world’s top athletes?
The adidas FUTURE team is currently looking for highly motivated and enthusiastic engineers wanting to join us as we revolutionise the industry. Through an exciting new brand initiative we want to hire the best talents to join our high performing team in our effort to disrupt the way we manufacture, develop and communicate our product. The adidas FUTURE team is a collaborative group of dedicated teams focused on footwear, apparel, hardware and manufacturing projects, driven to create the best for the athlete. As a FUTURE team member you will become an active player in the adidas brand and will experience a unique opportunity to apply your engineering competences towards advanced company projects.
Engineer sustainable market leading concepts, components, products, and processes which increase brand credibility, lower environmental impact and enable adidas to deliver added value to consumers and athletes.KEY RESPONSIBILITIES
- Carry out computational engineering including simulation, optimization and research, transferring the results into unique market leading experiences, processes and products, which are based on athletes and consumer needs.
- Use computational engineering knowledge and tools to drive projects aligned with Future and Brand priorities.
- Establish partnerships with key internal and external partners.
- Collaborate with the cross functional teams to create innovative experiences, processes and products. Constantly search out engineering and consumer insights that could lead to innovation opportunities.
- Grow and develop the competency of computational engineering delivering techniques and analysis that can add value and solve technical problems for the cross functional teams.
- Explore new areas of computational engineering that can drive innovation and fuel creativity. Actively work with start-ups, consultants and research partners to establish new technologies and processes that can solve problems and drive innovation.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
- Educate and train colleagues by sharing knowledge on an on-going basis
- Prepare concept and results-based reports and presentations, communicating to technical and non-technical audiences
- Stay connected to relevant current and upcoming research, technologies, methods, and industry trends. Build an effective information network
- Identify and partner with industry-leading organizations to extend the capability of the team
- Consider legal implications of innovative concepts, working with the legal team to protect product, technology, innovation, process, and design
- Solid understanding of computational engineering
- Curiosity for science and technology along with a passion for making insights in the field of sport
- Experience in Finite Element Analysis (FEA)
- Knowledge of computational mechanics and geometry
- Experience with academic and applied research
- Familiarity in computational optimization methods including topology
- Data analysis and machine learning
- Scientific Programming experience (Python, Matlab)
- Good experience in using CAE & CAD tools like ABAQUS, Hyperworks, Rhino, or Solidworks
- University Degree in Mechanical Engineering, or related field
- Minimum 3 years progressive experience in computational engineering
- Equivalent combination of education (PhD) and/or experience will be considered