Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
Management of the Accessories product development process. Provide effective transition of designs from the prototyping stage through development and into production.Key Responsibilities:
- Communicates and coordinates all necessary information that supports on time Buy Ready for all assigned projects.
- Translates design vision and consumer needs into product which supports the Business Units’ product strategy.
- Take ownership for the entire development process for assigned products, with an emphasis on quality product development and timely completion of all tasks in accordance with the applicable operating calendar.
- Establish and maintain strong working relationships with Business Units, Design, a.i.t., Materials Development and Supply, Quality, Costing, Product Creation Technology, Logistics and Sourcing Organization, managing designated projects to ensure an on time buy ready performance.
- Prototyping and implementation of new and innovative designs, components, processes, materials and concepts into a manufacturable and marketable finished product.
- Engineer workable prototypes that address desired function, cosmetics, market appeal and manufacturability, which includes checking of prototypes arriving for quality, sizes and fit and conduct fitting sessions.
- Ensure that new projects are engineered in accordance with cost targets (including pre-costing, price negotiation and final price confirmation) and ensure that initial cost quotes are available.
- Ensure that all materials, processes, prototypes and development samples are fully tested to ensure adherence to adidas Group quality standards.
- Numerous organizational tasks and communications responsibilities including Article Description and all technical data completion; use of a Range Management System; e-mail, phone & fax communication worldwide and all related Departments.
- Take a leading role in the pre-allocation of all development projects based on service and product needs.
Knowledge Skills and Abilities
- Business Units
- Materials Development
- Product Creation Technology
Requisite Education and Experience / Minimum Qualifications:
- Fluent English (verbal and written), German an advantage
- Strong IT skills (MS Office) and ability to work with Product Data Management Systems
- Domestic and International Travel as required
- Knowledge of costing and ability to negotiate as required
- Effective communication and negotiation skills
- Understanding of the respective vision and strategy for the brands. Ability to communicate to LO/T1 the vision and strategy as well as success criteria needed from sourcing and T1 teams
- College or University degree in footwear, clothing technology and/or manufacturing or comparable education
- Minimum 2-3 years of work experience in footwear, garment/textile and/or manufacturing industry