We are looking for a Regional Category Management Director for our Skate team at our North American headquarters in Portland, OR.
The Regional Category Management Director will be responsible for:
- Building and executing strategies to enable successful sell-in/sell-out of product ranges and services according to the category net sales and standard margin targets
- Act as the link between Skate creation teams, Brand Marketing, Sports Marketing and Category Marketing Teams in the markets
- Drive key brand strategies through cross-functional collaboration and execution
WHO WE’RE LOOKING FOR
- Manage relationship with regional teams and global team
- Manage markets outside regional team set up
- Ensure that aligned CTC input is given to the Skate product creation process and ensure it meets CTC requirements for all markets/channels. Collaborate with Skate Category Managers on the strategic global marketing plans and seasonal concepts and aggregate the input for all business units.
- Lead the range merchandising plan (range segmentation, etc) in collaboration with the CTC Merchandising team. Manage the development of category/sub brand seasonal CTC plans
- Lead satisfactory delivery of Impactful sell-in and sell-out tools to all markets/channels. Responsible for delivery of the required content/brand and strategic objectives on-time-in-full at key CTC milestones, e.g CTC Handover, GMM, SMM Develop and drive process improvements where necessary
- Guide designated markets/channels in building category business plans and landing key brand priorities (eg GFR), Collaborate with and support key markets/channels with reaching financial targets and KPI's. Evaluate the key markets/ channels to ensure proper implementation of marketing strategies. Use regular analysis and business relevant information to develop future CTC plans
- Lead strategic projects on a cross-functional and /or functional-/category- specific level.
- Manage and develop regional team in all market locations; set objectives, targets, and assess all direct reports to ensure smooth cooperation along interfaces
- Budget management
- Distribution of Global TKs and influencers to Market comms/PR, Newsrooms, Media
- Support activation of key concepts with influencer accounts and KAs (Global MWB)
- Utilize Key City Skate specialists to activate the Skate communities in Key Cities (GLOBAL MWB)
- Market and Account allocations
- Ranging and associated system maintenance
- RMA and inventory management together with DP
- Pricing (currencies) and managing Local RA guidance
- GTM CI / FC
- SMM + Local season Kick-Off with Market CTC
- Sample management
- Communication to Specialty Sales
A strong fit for the role will have:
- University degree or equivalent education/experience required
- 10+ years of relevant work experience with 3+ years of management
- 3+ years working with key markets or 1 year working in a top tier adidas market
- Skate or Action sports industry experience preferred
- Broad & deep knowledge in own functional area, combining with broad knowledge of other areas
- Experience managing a business unit (Processes & Projects)
- Strong desire to and experience with managing and developing people
- Provide a Framework for Performance
- Strong ability to build relationships and influence others
- Strong skills in Microsoft Suite (Outlook, Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Teams)
At adidas we believe that through sport, we have the power to change lives.
There’s plenty of change around right now as workouts move from the gym to the garage and we take a timeout from many of the activities we’re passionate about.
Our ambition is to be the best sport brand in the world and with that comes plenty of challenges. We thrive on solving these with the imagination and experience of our incredible teammates.
We’re all on the home team for now — we’d love for you to join ours.
- We’re all remote while the world sorts itself out. Upon our eventual return to office, the working location will be Portland, OR.
- Though our teammates hail from all corners of the world, our working language is English