- Provide Biomechanics science expertise within the creation and evaluation of innovative sports product concepts.
- Supervise and coordinate external and internal research networks and programs to support product development.
- To act as a athlete science consultant on a brand level for all product development teams.
Supervise and coordinate external and internal programs to support the Innovation Team.
- Works as an integral member of the Athlete Science Team to deliver new innovative, commercially viable concepts and products.
- Acts as key member of the Global Athlete Science team.
- Provides input and guidance into the strategy of Athlete Science.
- Creates new FTW, Apparel, and A&G test designs and concepts based on project needs.
- Manages and executes testing of prototypes and innovative product concepts prior to commercialization in close cooperation with other members of the Athlete Science Team.
- Supervise and coordinate testing methodologies towards establishing credible performance improvements that can be legally claimed publicly by the Brand.
- Works closely with the Director Biomechanics and provides test results and product performance assessments.
- Gives support to Design, Engineering, and Development to apply Athlete science specific knowledge.
- Cooperates with adidas Product and Athlete Services Lab Testing during the evaluation phase of innovative products and concepts especially for Brand concepts in transition to Inline development.
- Coordinates and drives communication of innovation concepts and is responsible for Lab Testing aspects.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Innovation Teams
- Engineering & Technology
- Apparel and Footwear Concepts
- Portfolio & Foresight
- Global external partners
Requisite Education and Experience:
- Ability to transfer outcome from research to applications in sports
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team, within a global fast-changing team setting
- Communicate effectively across all levels of business
- Cooperate well, develop and maintain relationships
- Build and collaborate in networks with internal and external partner
- Experience managing external teams, projects and partners
- Strong analytical skills, solution driven and results oriented
- Ability to travel domestically and internationally
- PhD or Master’s degree in Biomechanics ScienceExperience working in a global team and network
- Experience working across multi disciplined project teams
- Experience managingprojects and partners
- 6 years of working experiences
- Passion for Sport
- Fluent English (required) / German (advantageous)