Purpose & Overall Relevance for the Organization:
As a Bra and Tight Senior Managers of Materials development you will be establishing relevant business intelligence for apparel Bra and Tight materials & innovations which allows educated decision-making to deliver material excellence in the Women’s Organization. Actively create and monitors development calendars to ensure deadlines, costing KPIs and quality standards are met for Bra and Tights. Acts as an advocate for product excellence by working closely with cross functional creation centre teams as well as all related support services.Key Responsibilities:
- Collaborate with cross-functional business partners (Marketing/Development/Design) to identify strategic Material Management information needs and develop tools and reports that enable Product teams to make fact based, faster material and product decisions.
- Establish and provide regular Material Market relevant trend data and innovation insight as well as macroeconomic trends and developments.
- Develop and execute regular in-depth reporting of material management data focusing on material usage reports across our key material types for Bras & Tights and categories.
- Provide material related risk management analysis by category and lead all activities on proactive risk management by taken relevant decisions on material/supplier changes.
- Drive the department internal process management and continuous improvement of all material development processes globally.
- Represent the MDI team in cross-functional initiatives and projects.
- Ensure the existing System Landscape supports material and product development processes.
- Work with the relevant IT owners and COE teams to ensure alignment between systems and process needs.
- Create, maintain and communicate the MDI relevant timelines. Ensure representation of MDI key milestones in Product Creation Calendars.
- Represent the Senior Management of MDI for Bra and Tight COE and be the point person for Management discussions and decisions relevant for Women’s Organization.
- Research independently and with sourcing partners innovation and materials for Bras and Tights and collaborate with Design and Marketing to incorporate into new season collections. Ensures functional goals and development processes continuously evolve to reflect internal and external best practices.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- CoE Brand Operations
- External Supply Base Partners
Requisite Education and Experience/ Minimum Qualifications:
- Excellent analytical, planning and organizational skills
- Excellent problem-solving skills
- Work with people at all hierarchy levels in an organization
- Lead projects and implement change at a global level for Bra’s and Tights.
- Ability to approach projects both operationally and analytically
- Experience synthesizing and packaging complex analyses and delivering easy-to-interpret results to senior leadership
- Experience in working with multiple stakeholders and liaising with Business and IT partners; experience building relationships & partnerships across functions
- Ability to cope with change, make decisions and act comfortably with risk and uncertainty.
- Ability to effectively communicate (both written and verbal) and to lead discussions in small and larger groups
- Bachelor's degree in Textile Sciences, Textile Engineering/Technology, Design or related field
- Minimum of 5 years of progressive work experience in material research and/or development
- Experience in Leadership of Teams and Individuals