- 5+ years of experience in a high-tech B2B sales-facing marketing role such as field marketing or partner marketing
- Bachelor’s degree
- 3+ years of experience developing and executing marketing plans and demand generation campaigns to drive a high-growth, SaaS or cloud business
Amazon Web Services is seeking a talented, self-directed field marketer to drive demand within the field marketing team in the US-Northeast area. This is a unique opportunity to drive growth in a multi-billion dollar business and to make your mark on a fast-growing portfolio in the exciting and dynamic cloud and SaaS marketplace.
The Field Marketing Manager, US-Northeast will gather sales, market and customer insights and use these insights to develop and execute a marketing plan for their assigned marketing segment in the US-Northeast area. They will influence, adopt, and support marketing programs that impact their area and segment. The Field Marketing Manager, US-Northeast will identify and fill gaps through custom program design and execution to achieve the lead and pipeline goals of the area. They will be responsible for the marketing-to-sales funnel and will partner with demand generation teams, inside sales teams, and account managers to ensure quality funnel management. This role will prioritize areas of focus and resources to achieve maximum impact and use a data driven approach to decision making. They will leverage virtual teams and agencies as needed. The right candidate will have a results-driven approach to marketing and a scrappy, entrepreneurial spirit.
This position is virtual anywhere in the Northeast.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
This position can be located anywhere within the US.
- Gather market and customer data and insights to inform marketing plan direction
- Align with sales leadership on sales & marketing priorities
- Partner with functional stakeholders to develop a differentiated marketing strategy and plan for AWS in assigned area
- Drive implementation of the plan including leveraging shared services, virtual teams, and agencies as needed
- Drive customized, high value customer experiences focused on the customer needs and progression through the buyer’s journey
- Think big to deliver new ideas and creative approaches
- Take ownership of the lead funnel and partner with demand generation and sales teams to achieve marketing’s contribution to pipeline and revenue
- Identify opportunities to leverage existing materials, campaigns and resources and drive inclusion and participation of customers in programs led by other organizations
- Lead awareness, communication, and enablement efforts in the field that support the knowledge and adoption of marketing strategies and campaigns
- Work with other marketing teams to deliver necessary messaging, assets and campaign deliverables as needed to support marketing programs and address customer challenges
- Deliver detailed reporting and metrics on activity results, campaign effectiveness, and ROI. Use data to make real-time adjustments and proactively identify trends and opportunities.
- Share plans and campaign tactics with other team members to facilitate reuse and replication of best practices
- Willingness to travel up to 30%
- A career trajectory that demonstrates increasing levels of marketing expertise and proven success delivering measurable marketing results
- Proven experience finding creative ways to do more with less, and a track record of leveraging resources and programs from cross-functional teams
- Superior oral and written communication skills with an innate attention to detail
- Experience working with matrixed sales teams, including sales leaders and account managers
- Proven ability to find and leverage data and insights across the organization to develop a marketing plan that delivers bottom-line results
- Deep understanding of and experience managing marketing and sales funnels, from lead to revenue
- Demonstrated problem solving capabilities in a complex business environment
- Ability to make data-driven decisions quickly with a bias for action
- Hands-on experience developing, implementing, and reporting on integrated marketing campaigns
- Ability to work independently and autonomously
- Ability to interact and communicate effectively with cross-functional teams
The base pay range for this position in Colorado is $75k - 131k per year; however, base pay offered may vary depending on job-related knowledge, skills, and experience. A sign-on bonus and restricted stock units may be provided as part of the compensation package, in addition to a full range of medical, financial, and/or other benefits, dependent on the position offered. This information is provided per the Colorado Equal Pay Act. Base pay information is based on market location. Applicants should apply via Amazon’s internal or external careers site. For San Francisco: Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records. For Los Angeles: Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.