- Highly technical and analytical with 10 or more years of systems development and deployment experience with Hadoop and Spark based platforms
- Implementation and tuning experience with various tools and frameworks in the Big Data Ecosystem such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive
- Knowledge of foundation infrastructure requirements such as Networking, Storage, and Hardware Optimization with Hands-on experience with Amazon Web Services (AWS)
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as the ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations and virtual teams.
- Ability to think understand complex business requirements and render them as prototype systems with quick turnaround time.
- Bachelor's level technical degree required; Computer Science or Mathematics background preferred
Are you a data and analytics specialist with deep expertise in AWS services for managing data at speed and scale? Do you have a unique combination of deep technical knowledge, business acumen and strong interpersonal skills? Amazon Web Services (AWS) is seeking a Solutions Architect to work with our customers and help them build cloud-based data platforms.
This role is a senior role in the Amazon EMR team and provides a unique opportunity to lead innovations and transformational change with large Enterprise customers in their journey to cloud. At AWS, customer obsession is in our DNA. The successful candidate will become a trusted advisor to our customers and will partner with AWS specialist sales, business development, and product teams to craft a go to market strategy, ensure success of our most complex customer engagements, collect, organized and disseminate the internal expertise needed to drive data lakes, analytics, and machine learning workloads with Amazon EMR.
- Understand customer requirements and render those as architectural models that will operate at large scale and high performance, and advise customers on how to run these architectural models on AWS
- Work alongside customers to build data management platforms using Amazon Elastic Map Reduce (EMR), Amazon Athena, AWS Glue, AWS Lake Formation and other related services.
- Extract best-practice knowledge, reference architectures, and patterns from these engagements for sharing with the worldwide AWS solution architect community and engineering teams.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation
- An advanced degree in computer science, MIS, engineering or related discipline
- AWS Certification, e.g. AWS Solutions Architect, Developer, or SysOps Associate/Professional
- Track record of implementing AWS services in a variety of business such as large enterprises and start-ups.
- Deep understanding of Apache Big Data stack such as Hadoop, Spark, Presto, Hive with a track record of being involved in these Apache Open-source projects.
- Demonstrated industry leadership in the fields of Data Warehousing, Data Science and Big Data related technologies.