- 10+ years of business development, enterprise sales, strategic partnerships, or program/product management experience.
- 5+ years of experience developing, launching, managing and deploying AI or ML products, especially those that cover Computer Vision, NLP and/or NLU, NLG, and other language models.
- Strong verbal and written communications skills are a must, as well as leadership skills.
- Experience and interest in Search technology domain
Are you passionate about Artificial Intelligence, Machine Learning, and scalable distributed systems? Are you passionate about developing impactful AI content and effective AI market strategies? Are you passionate about engaging the Artificial Intelligence community (AI researchers, developers building ML-powered products, data scientists and ML entrepreneurs in startups and enterprises)?
AWS is seeking a Principal Specialist for our AI services. The Specialist will be responsible for developing and deploying go-to-market strategies across geographies and industries. The Specialist will research, define, build and deploy effective and targeted programs to accelerate broad based sales and business development activities for artificial intelligence services. The Specialist will facilitate the enablement of business development, sales and solution architects with specific customer centric value propositions, directly interfacing with the ML product management and development teams regarding customer and partner requirements. The Specialist will work closely across multiple internal and external organizations – AWS Business Development, Sales, Marketing, Partners, and AI communities – to position the AWS AI services for customers and partners, and provide guidance on the value proposition and benefit those customers and partners. The Specialist will be directly helping our customers to reinvent their own business models by harnessing the power of AWS machine learning technologies; driving adoption with key customers.
In addition, the BDM will synthesize data and information gathered from these engagements into succinct findings, derive strategic insights, and persuasively communicate findings and perspectives to product and sales teams, including senior leadership. The BDM will conduct market segmentation, market research, and identify strategic paths to entry for those segments, coordinating cross-functional teams around these engagements where appropriate.
The ideal candidate will possess a Technology and Business background that enables them to drive an engagement and interact at the highest levels of large enterprises and partners, as well as dig deep into data science, conduct research and root cause analysis. The candidate will have both the business and technical depth to effectively communicate the benefits of AI services, as well as broader ML technology adoption, from the AWS cloud to IT architects, engineering teams, and C-Level executives. The ideal candidate will have a demonstrated ability to think strategically and long-term about the needs of complex global businesses, the movements of AI/ML Customer Segments, meaningful ways to influence and engage with these market segments, and understand the impacts that these forces have on building pre-trained and applied a.i. services. The ideal candidate will also be familiar with enterprise grade IT, complex legacy IT environments, managed enterprise IT infrastructure services, Enterprise applications, and would have professional experience in market analysis, customer engagement management, business operations; and have a background that demonstrates success in the introduction and expansion of new technology globally. The ideal candidate will also bring to the role the ability to drive process improvement, work in ambiguous environments, and earn trust across stakeholders and backgrounds.
Roles & Responsibilities:
- Facilitate GTM research for pre-trained AI Services, identifying Route to Market options, vetting out and documenting requirements to entry for various customer segments of interest
- Building a strategic, long term GTM for execution across industries, cloud adoption stages, skill sets, user bases globally.
- Identify and nurture relationships with early-adopter customers through all stages of adoption, setting up early-maturity services for a highly productive and efficient flywheel of customer feedback and adoption
- Engage in internal process improvement and management across a large stream of workloads and stakeholders to optimize early-maturity service adoption and experiences
- Serve as an evangelist for the AWS AI Services and ML Platform within AWS and externally.
- Define, build and deploy enterprise focused sales plays and business development campaigns around the AWS AI offerings.
- Engage, support and scale business development and sales teams across AWS to be capable of delivering the AWS AI value proposition to customers and partners.
- Dive deep across product, marketing and technical communities to validate the GTM strategy and service relative requirements for early maturity services.
- Establish mechanisms to measure and track metrics related to development of new AWS AI Services, and execute improvements to the approach based on those measurements.
- Prepare and deliver business reviews to the senior management regarding the AWS AI Services business.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Experience launching new SaaS services, and developing cloud products
- Demonstrated experience interfacing with data scientists and product managers successfully.
- Strong analytical skills, and demonstrated ability to turn detailed data analysis into useful strategic insight in order to drive customer adoption and make appropriate recommendations to the business.
- Experience with, and detailed knowledge of managed services and insights related to cloud computing.
- Demonstrated ability to conduct market research and GTM/RTM planning.
- Product launch experience (SaaS/IaaS/XaaS preferred).
- Demonstrated ability to work effectively across internal and external organizations is key.
- Experience writing articles (business and technical), speaking at business or technology conferences, or publishing whitepapers / thought leadership content.
- 10+ years in either SaaS-based adoption or enterprise sales in cloud across hosted and managed services.
- Solid enterprise negotiation skills, and business and financial acumen.
- Experience with technology delivery including but not limited the following industries: Financial Services, Insurance, Healthcare & Life Sciences.
- Consulting or change leadership roles within enterprise organizations.
- Experience selling to Fortune 1000 and/or Global 2000 organizations.
- Experience with machine learning workloads on cloud, particularly with pre-trained or applied a.i. sciences
- MBA or equivalent relevant business experience.
This position must be located at one of our U.S. AWS Corp. offices with a preference for Seattle, WA.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.
Pursuant to the San Francisco Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.
Pursuant to the Los Angeles Fair Chance Ordinance, we will consider for employment qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.