- 7+ years design & implementation experience with large distributed applications
- 5+ years of experience in core disciplines (E.g. compute, networking, storage, security, database architecture)
- Technical degree required; Computer Science, Engineering, equivalent field of study, or 12+ years of related work experience
Do you like helping customers implement innovative computing solutions and solving technical problems? Would you like to do this using the latest cloud computing technologies? Do you have a knack for helping groups understand distributed application architectures and integration best practices, and the consultative and leadership skills to lead a project to success? Are you ready to bring your unique combination of technical skills, business acumen, and grit to help your customers successfully leverage the Amazon Web Services platform to transform their business?
Amazon Web Services is looking for a highly motivated Solutions Architect to accelerate the use of our growing platform for High Tech customers within the Global Accounts segment of our business. This is an excellent opportunity to join Amazon’s world class technical teams, work with some of the best and brightest engineers and technical managers, while also developing your skills and furthering your career within one of the most innovative and progressive technology companies.
As a Senior Solutions Architect for High Tech customers, you will be a Trusted Advisor to them. In this role, you will help organizations understand best practices around cloud-based solutions, and how to migrate existing workloads to the cloud. You will help shape and execute a strategy to build mindshare, and the broad use of AWS for one of our key customers. Your responsibilities include owning the technical strategy and engagement, defining implementation architectures, developing a broad knowledge of how applications and solutions are constructed using AWS services. You will also be a subject matter expert in selected solution areas (e.g. High Performance Computing, AI/ML, Security, Big Data, etc.). You will lead efforts to capture and share best-practices knowledge within the AWS solution architect community and with our customers.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us
Here are the qualities we are looking for:
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Be self-motivated, with a proven track record in designing solutions in the areas of application and infrastructure technology.
- Think strategically about business, products, and technical challenges, and able to connect technology with measurable business value.
- Passion for designing and building cloud solutions for a diverse and challenging set of enterprise customers.
- Willing to take on any challenge, and make a big impact
- Enjoy keeping your existing technical skills honed and developing new ones
- Working knowledge of cloud technologies, common enterprise IT services, database, middleware, software development tools and methodologies
- In partnership with the sales team, formulate and execute a sales strategy to exceed revenue objectives through the adoption of AWS
- As a key member of the account team, ensure success in building and migrating applications, software and services on the AWS platform
- Educate customers on the value proposition of AWS, and participate in deep architectural discussions to ensure solutions are designed for successful deployment in the cloud
- Conduct one-to-few and one-to-many training sessions to transfer knowledge to customers considering or already using AWS
- Capture and share best-practice knowledge amongst the AWS solutions architect community
- Author or otherwise contribute to AWS customer-facing publications such as whitepapers
- Build deep relationships with senior technical individuals within customers to enable them to be cloud advocates
- Act as a technical liaison between customers, service engineering teams and support
- Once travel is safe, open to traveling 25%-40% domestic with some international travel
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team also puts a high value on work-life balance. Striking a healthy balance between your personal and professional life is crucial to your happiness and success here, which is why we aren’t focused on how many hours you spend at work or online. Instead, we’re happy to offer a flexible schedule so you can have a more productive and well-balanced life—both in and outside of work.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- The ideal candidate will have prior pre-sales experience
- Well versed in a major domain area of Enterprise Application Migration, Database migration, Big Data and Analytics, AI/Machine Learning, HPC (High Performance Computing)
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.