- 6+ years of experience as a user experience designer, interaction designer, or similar UX-related roles.
- 2+ years of experience working closely with software developers in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- 2+ experience creating prototypes and highly detailed wireframe for complex web applications using patterns from public/internal design systems.
- A strong design process with a portfolio or samples of work demonstrating relevant experience.
- Demonstrated history of acquiring user data (e.g., conducting usability studies, performing user research).
The AWS Solutions Architecture Customer Engagements team owns products and tools that AWS Solutions Architects (SAs) use to build, discover, deliver, and measure hands-on learning experiences like Workshops, ImmersionDays, and Gamedays, to drive customer adoption of AWS Services. Our systems improve the quality and effectiveness of SA-led hands-on customer events, reducing preparation time and making the events more impactful for customers. Our team is small and curious: we’re accepting of new ideas and we work out how to implement them to delight customers. We are intentional about attracting, developing, and retaining amazing talent from diverse backgrounds.
We are building a new product that SAs and others will use to build and run hands-on events with customers. While in its early stages, it builds on lessons and experience the team have gained creating and running earlier products. As a member of the team, you will have significant input into the design decisions and shape of the product to provide the best possible intuitive customer experience. You’ll work with customers, SAs, Partners, and subject matter experts to discover ideal ways of representing UX, visual styles, and interaction flows, through workshops, modelling, and other data collection methods.
- Drive design projects through all phases, owning user research and ingesting feedback from all available sources (user studies, product manager notes, support issues, etc.).
- Perform exploratory user research, lead design reviews, build wire-frame mock-ups, hi-fidelity prototypes, and conduct usability testing.
- Collaborate and communicate effectively with Product Management and the engineering team, enabling them to deliver working software based on your designs.
- Design the UX, visual style, user interface, information architecture, and interaction flow of the system for internal users and customers.
- Develop and contribute deep knowledge of the latest user research practices, HCI research, design guidelines, and design heuristics.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new team members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and Amazon tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Everyone on the team plays a role in raising the bar on how we deliver our products to customers. Managers have frequent 1:1s with members of their team, and career conversations where we seek to understand people’s career motivations and provide honest, respectful feedback to facilitate them achieving their goals.
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust
- Bachelor or Master's degree in design, human-computer interaction (HCI), or equivalent degree.
- Affinity and experience with accessible design solutions that embody best practices, are focused on inclusivity, and empower all Amazon customers.
- Proven ability to deliver a bold vision and iterate quickly on concepts based on feedback.
- Solid written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present a strong rationale for design decisions.
- Ability to scope design initiatives accurately and prioritize work items appropriately.
- Fluency in best practices for information architecture and interaction design, user-centered design process, as well as strong knowledge of user experience principles and techniques.
- Experience owning the UX design of complex workflows for technical customers and/or experience in delivering design solutions for projects of large scope and complexity.