- Bachelor's degree in Computer Science, Engineering, or equivalent in an IT-related field OR 10+ years relevant industry experience as pre-sales engineer, consultant, or similar IT technical roles.
- 5+ years of program or project management experience.
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules.
- Working knowledge of cloud and/or data center technologies.
Excellent written and verbal technical communication with an ability to present complex technical information in a clear and concise manner to a variety of audiences.
Do you have a passion to educate customers about how AWS services differentiate versus other alternatives? Do you enjoy working on Cloud technologies such as Compute, Storage, Networking, Security, Databases, Management, Analytics, Machine Learning, or IoT? Do you have curiosity to research about new Cloud features and services that customers are demanding? The AWS Market Intelligence (MI) team is seeking a Sr. Technical Program Managerfor Cloud to program manage research, assessment, and validation of Cloud feature and services across the market.
The MI team aims to track, evaluate, and accurately explain what is happening in the Cloud space. We focus on understanding the breadth and depth of functionality offered by AWS versus others, rapidly analyzing key market activity to provide Sales, Marketing, PR, and
AR teams with tools and guidance to help customers. We also spend a lot of time listening to customer feedback, and frequently share our findings with the engineering team to guarantee customer-obsessed engineering at Amazon
Position can be located in an Amazon/AWS U.S. Corp office based in the following locations: Seattle, WA (HQ); Arlington, VA (HQ2); Palo Alto, CA; San Francisco, CA; San Diego, CA; Santa Barbara, CA; Santa Cruz, CA; Portland, OR; Phoenix, AZ; Las Vegas, NV; Salt Lake City, UT; Chicago, IL; Detroit, MI; Dallas, TX; Houston, TX; Austin, TX; Washington, DC; New York, NY; Jersey City, NJ; Pittsburgh, PA; Boston, MA; Nashville, TN; Charlotte, NC; Atlanta, GA
Inclusive Team Culture
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Mentorship & Career Growth
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. Our senior members enjoy one-on-one mentoring and thorough, but kind, code reviews. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded engineer and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future..
Roles and Responsibilities:
- Deep dive into the Cloud infrastructure capabilities of AWS vs market by working backwards from customer needs.
- Program manage, working with engineering teams, service and feature market comparisons to produce customer obsessed insights.
- Create mechanisms to educate internal audiences (i.e., Marketing, Sales, PR, and Analyst Relations) about key areas of differentiation.
- AWS Certified Solutions Architect associate or similar industry Cloud or IT certifications (e.g., Compute, Storage, Networking, Security, Databases, Management, Analytics, Machine Learning, IoT).
- Success working across organizational boundaries, and bringing together people with diverse perspectives to find solutions.
- Meets/exceeds Amazon’s leadership principles requirements for this role.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status.