- AWS Solutions Architect Associate Certification
- 4+ years of experience in programming, systems architecture or systems administration
- Experience conducting classroom training for related technology products and services
- Technical degree (i.e. Computer Science) or 4 years' equivalent experience
Our mission is to be Earth's most customer-centric company. This is what unites Amazonians across teams and geographies as we are all striving to delight our customers and make their lives easier, one innovative product, service, and idea at a time.
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is the world’s most comprehensive and broadly adopted cloud platform, offering over 175 fully featured services from data centers globally. Millions of customers—including the fastest-growing startups, largest enterprises, and leading government agencies—are using AWS to lower costs, become more agile, and innovate faster.
As cloud technologies continue to transform businesses, skilled individuals are in high demand. At AWS Training and Certification (T&C), we are passionate about revolutionizing the way people advance their cloud skills and careers. We equip diverse builders of today and tomorrow with the knowledge they need to leverage the power of the AWS Cloud. Join our dynamic, fast-growing team and help us empower our customers to build cloud skills.
Are you interested in working as a Technical Trainer, directly serving a wide variety of customers and staying current on all the latest technology that AWS has to offer?
In this role, you will deliver training content to developers, administrators, architects, and partners to drive adoption and usage of AWS infrastructure services. You’ll have an opportunity to combine a passion for teaching, with enthusiasm for technology, to drive learning and establish positive customer relationships. You must have excellent communication skills and proven technology training experience.
Responsibilities (What’s cool about this job?):
- Deliver instructor-led classroom training to end-user customers and partners on a regular schedule in US and abroad
- Assist in developing & maintaining technical training content, lab exercises, presentations, and accompanying materials
- Mentor and train internal and external authorized trainers as part of a train the trainer program
- Special Projects as assigned
Please note that travel for this role is up to 50% globally (post-pandemic)
*** This position must be based near an office in the Central US: From the Great Lakes to Dallas ***
Here at AWS, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have twelve employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
Our team puts a high value on work-life balance. It isn’t about how many hours you spend at home or at work; it’s about the flow you establish that brings energy to both parts of your life. We believe striking the right balance between your personal and professional life is critical to life-long happiness and fulfillment. We offer flexibility in working hours and encourage you to find your own balance between your work and personal lives.
Our team is dedicated to supporting new members. We have a broad mix of experience levels and tenures, and we’re building an environment that celebrates knowledge sharing and mentorship. We care about your career growth and strive to assign projects based on what will help each team member develop into a better-rounded professional and enable them to take on more complex tasks in the future.
- Knowledge and/or hands-on experience with AWS infrastructure services highly desired
- A strong “stage presence” and ability to manage a classroom of adult learners
- Self-sufficient, self-starter with proven success taking ownership of training projects
- Excellent oral presentation skills, interpersonal communication, and writing skills
- Experience designing and developing instructor-led content with technical subject matter content
- Subject matter experience and experience in at least two of the following: Artificial Intelligence (AI), Big Data, DevOps, Internet of Things (IoT), Large scale application or data center migration, Machine Learning (ML), Serverless computing, Software Engineering or Application Development, Solutions Architecture, System Operations
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us