- Bachelor Degree plus 5+ years of relevant experience in retail or e-commerce desired
- Buying/planning, operations, or finance background
- Proven negotiating skills, influencing abilities and vendor management experience
- Proven track record of taking ownership and driving results – self-starter and self-directed
- Experience with business analysis and expertise in Excel.
- Demonstrated ability to manage multiple projects – prioritization, planning and task delegation
The Amazon Fashion team is looking for an experienced, analytical, enthusiastic, customer advocate with a history of driving growth, to join our Apparel Team. The Vendor Manager (VM) must be an effective leader and communicator in working with some of Amazon.com's most important partners and vendors, as well as with internal colleagues and cross-functional leaders. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter with a passion for retail and a high level of flexibility and ownership.
A successful VM will act as the business owner for assigned categories, possessing a complete understanding (inclusive of the strategic context) of internal and external variables that impact your business (this entails owning forecasting, monitoring, understanding and reporting on the business, along with responsibility for driving projects and promotions to achieve business objectives).
- Have a thorough understanding of the industry, seasonality and business trends/events, and continually monitor competitor/industry developments
- Maximize Amazon’s business profitability and selection expansion opportunities
- Have a complete understanding of the customer needs, both existing and potential, and use that knowledge to advocate for and drive delivery of site features that provide Amazon customers with an unparalleled shopping experience
- Manage vendor relationships - manage supplier/partner contracts, manage day-to-day relationships, and negotiate and secure marketing funds
- Create business plans for new opportunities and develop and execute project plans for the launch of new features, incorporating merchandising and pricing strategies
- Coordinate cross-functional teams, and communicate with internal and external parties, while meeting tight deadlines
- Conduct financial analysis of business opportunities to meet and exceed revenue and profitability targets
- Ability to think quickly and react in a high-energy, fast-paced, ambiguous environment
- Technical aptitude and agility to learn web-based tools
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication skills
- Track record of effective negotiation, improving free cash flow, and automating processes
- Experience presenting to Senior management
Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.