- Bachelor’s Degree in Business, Economics, Operations, Finance, or applicable experience.
- 3+ years of audit experience in regulatory or compliance environment, a regulatory agency, risk management or other internal control functions (Department of Transportation, Trade Compliance, Banking, Law firm) within a complex international organization.
Amazon’s Transportation Risk & Compliance team identifies and mitigates risk in a rapidly growing and complex global environment. To support the business, our primary mission is to perform independent and objective, risk-based assessments of Amazon business partners’ activities and related controls with the goal of improving operations, compliance, risk management, and overall success of the program.
To that end, Amazon is seeking a high-performing Audit & Compliance Manager with a penchant for process improvement, communication, and boots on the ground roll up your sleeves success.
As an Audit & Compliance Manager, you will manage your audit pipeline, engage with Carrier Partners, and plan, scope, execute and report on the audit outcomes. You will also work with each Carrier Partner to assess their remediation and closure of identified issues.
You will provide consultative support and guidance on corrective actions to Carrier Partners, identify opportunities for control improvements, enhancements to their overall compliance level, and develop mitigating and improvement plans.
You will also consult with business, legal, and tech teams to develop gap remediation strategies and the build-out of sustainable and systematic solutions. You will work effectively in a team environment and, as an individual contributor, be able to work remotely and effectively review the work of other remote resources.
Additionally, this role will work closely with Amazon Logistics and Transportation businesses to implement world-class customer-centric compliance & risk management tools and processes.
This position requires the ability to travel 5-20% of the time.
- 5+ years of audit experience related to business processes, risk mitigation, program compliance, internal audits or others.
- Experience managing multiple priorities and escalations with tight timelines in a fast-paced, changing environment.
- Experience leading risk assessments and defining audit roadmaps.
- Demonstrable excellent communication skills (written and verbal).
- Demonstrable problem-solving, mathematic and analytical skills using data to drive decisions in a business environment.
- Technical aptitude and familiarity with the utilization of complex databases.
- Continuous improvement background (i.e. 6-sigma, ISO, Total Quality, etc).
- Ability to drive successful partnerships with external teams to execute tactical initiatives.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.