- Bachelor’s degree in Architecture, Construction Management or Engineering, or a related field.
- 2+ years of experience providing implementation, training and support in AutoCAD, Revit, Navisworks and BIM 360.
- 2+ years of experience working with Revit/Navisworks.
- Experience in the establishment and management of BIM models including orientation, geo-positioning, coordination and the set-up of model reviews.
- Experienced in combining and coordinating BIM model updates, running clash detection on revised components, and communicating results to internal and external stakeholders.
We are looking for a BIM Manager, to join our Seattle based team!
Amazon’s Fulfillment Centers are industry leading examples of innovation in the areas of space utilization, logistics, and cost effectiveness. We are the global team responsible for the conceptual designs across a large network of fulfillment operations, and firm (detailed) engineering of the equipment, tools, and systems within. In compliment and support of our design teams, we develop geometric engineering visualizations and support the building of simulation and mathematical models that validate the flow and potential of our designs. The World Wide Design Engineering team is seeking a passionate, results-oriented, inventive, and influential BIM Manager, to join our organization.
Our BIM Managers have:
- Hands on experience in Building Information Modelling (BIM), both design and oversight.
- Conversant in BIM, BIM 360 Docs, and with the associated model deliverables at tender and construction stages.
- BIM knowledge and experience They are responsible for managing BIM related risks to project milestones and deliverables coordinating with all disciplines in a single model environment.
- BIM software platform knowledge. (e.g. Revit, AutoCAD, Civils 3D, Navisworks etc.)
- Knowledge to own both internal organizational data and modeling standards, but also review and align to standards across multiple organizations within Amazon.
Key job responsibilities
- Assist with the transition to BIM 360 Docs, as our main PLM software
- Help develop, maintain and manage our global library of BIM content
- Define and communicate project BIM requirements, standards, and protocols, to both internal and external teams.
- Help establish and maintain Revit standards, processes, and workflows
- Assist in creating and maintaining standard regional global templates and Revit Family libraries
- Assist the project team to establish information exchange processes between internal customers
- Serve as single point-of-contact and manage relationship with BIM software vendors to ensure full support for team technologies.
- Creation, recording, and reporting of key metrics to team members and management
- Oversee and maintain a current team-wide technology portfolio, including current licensing, program maintenance and training records.
If you are a creative, smart and driven individual that enjoys working with complex problems and in ambiguous direction we want YOU!
This role will be fully based in Seattle, WA, once ongoing COVID-19 restrictions have been lifted.
Here at Amazon, we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- 2+ Years’ experience of working with multidiscipline teams coordination role – shows strong ownership of projects.
- 2+ Years’ experience of checking documents, specifications, and submittals.
- Experienced in leading online meetings and training sessions across a remote project team using platforms such as GoTo Meeting, Zoom and/or Chime.
- Proven ability to create and manage complex commercial and industrial construction projects within Revit, Navisworks, BIM360, AutoCAD, and other supporting programs.
- Experience driving team to implement new BIM tools, procedures, best practices
- The ability to work effectively in an extremely fast paced, ambiguous environment.
- The ability to manage multiple simultaneous projects requiring frequent communication, organization, time management and problem solving skills.
- Proven track record of team-wide leadership, owning team processes start to finish and taking ownership for team support and performance.
- Excellent organization skills in archival & maintenance operations of project documents.
- Organized and have the ability to set priorities and meet deadlines.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.