- Bachelor's degree or higher in an analytical area such as Computer Science, Physics, Mathematics, Statistics, Engineering or similar
- 2+ years of experience as a BI Engineer, Business/Financial Analyst or Systems Analyst preferably in an internet-based company with large, complex data sources, or in an analysis or research role with progressively increasing responsibility
- Proficient in using SQL, ETL, Data Warehouse solutions and databases in a business environment with large-scale, complex datasets
- Proven analytical and quantitative skills and an ability to use hard data and metrics to back up assumptions, develop business cases, and complete root cause analyses
- Strong verbal/written communication and data presentation skills, including an ability to effectively communicate with both business and technical teams
Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment delivering innovative solutions? Are you excited about bringing data science to the art of new products?
Amazon Live (amazon.com/live) is one of the newest and fastest growing strategic programs at Amazon. We are creating an innovative real-time video shopping experience that integrates audience interactivity with live streaming video. For brands and influencers, live-streaming on Amazon offers a powerful communication tool that allows them interact directly with shoppers, build their following, and present their products in a new format.
Amazon Live is looking for a passionate, insightful, results-oriented business intelligence engineer to help manage our ever-growing information needs and support analysis of increasingly complex business questions. As a Business Intelligence Engineer, you will focus on building scalable reporting solutions, analytics and decision support that would help shape our business and product features.
- Engage with stakeholders to understand the needs and recommend business intelligence solutions.
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, to drive key business decisions.
- Translate analytic insights into concrete, actionable recommendations for business or product improvements.
- Identifying and driving data quality improvement projects.
- Experience using Cloud Storage and Computing technologies such as AWS RedShift and Athena
- Experience in building dashboards and analytics in Tableau or a similar BI tool.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age