- Bachelor's Degree
- 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- 2 years working as a Data Scientist and/or Business Intelligence Engineer
Amazon Advertising is seeking a Business Intelligence Engineer that will own datasets, pipelines and analytical tools that drive actionable insights for our business, tech, and operations teams. In this role, you will lead efforts to automate and implement end-to-end scalable BI solutions, including dashboards and reports. This role will support and drive impact across all levels and teams throughout the Spectrum organization. Your solutions and insights will influence a Developer ecosystem that enables 1M+ Selling Partners to optimize and automate their businesses on Amazon.
The ideal candidate is highly analytical, resourceful, customer-focused, and collaborative. They will have a strong understanding of different businesses and the underlying analytics, and the ability to translate business requirements into analysis, collect and analyze data, and make recommendations back to the business. The candidate for this role will be required to continuously learn new systems, tools, and industry best practices to help design new studies and build new tools that help our team automate and accelerate analytics.
Key job responsibilities
- Engage with leadership and diversified customer groups to understand the needs and recommend business intelligence solutions.
- Partner with Data engineering team to define the data elements and data structure that the team should leverage to enable analytical capabilities
- Collaborate with Data Scientists on the team to design, implement, and support platforms that provide business teams self-serve access to large datasets
- Interface with business customers, gathering requirements and delivering complete reporting solutions
- Own the design, development, and maintenance of ongoing metrics, reports, analyses, dashboards, etc. to drive key business decisions
- Participate in strategic & tactical planning discussions
- Standardize data and report consumption across various customer groups
- Make recommendations for new metrics, techniques, and strategies to improve the operational and quality metrics
- Expert level knowledge in statistics; sophisticated user of statistical tools.
- Experience processing, filtering, and presenting large quantities (hundreds of millions/billions of rows) of data
- Experience in data applications using large scale distributed systems (e.g. EMR, Spark, Elasticsearch, Hadoop, Pig, and Hive).
- Proven problem-solving skills.
- Combination of deep technical skills and business savvy enough to interface with all levels and disciplines within our customer’s organization.
- Demonstrable track record of dealing well with ambiguity, prioritizing needs, and delivering results in a dynamic environment.
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills with the ability to advocate technical solutions for science, engineering, and business audiences.
- Ability to develop experimental and analytical plans for data modeling, use effective baselines, and accurately determine cause-and-effect relations.
- Experience in computational advertising is a plus.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.