- 3+ years of experience with data scripting languages (e.g SQL, Python, R etc.) or statistical/mathematical software (e.g. R, SAS, or Matlab)
- 2 years working as a Data Scientist
- PhD or Master's degree
- Experience with machine learning, statistical analysis, data mining, and analytics techniques
- Strong analytical and communication skills.
Are you passionate about solving unique customer-facing problems in the Amazon scale? Are you excited about utilizing statistical analysis, machine learning, data mining and leverage tons of Amazon data to learn and infer customer shopping patterns? Do you enjoy working with a diversity of engineers, machine learning scientists, product managers and user-experience designers? If so, you have found the right match!
Fashion is extremely fast-moving, visual, subjective, and it presents numerous unique problem domains such as product recommendations, product discovery and evaluation. The vision for Amazon Fashion is to make Amazon the number one online shopping destination for Fashion customers by providing large selections, inspiring and accurate recommendations and customer experience.
The mission of Fit science team as part of Fashion Tech is to innovate and develop scalable ML solutions to provide personalized fit and size recommendation when Amazon Fashion customers evaluate apparels or shoes online. The team is hiring a Data Scientist who has a solid background in Statistical Analysis, Machine Learning and Data Mining and a proven record of effectively analyzing large complex heterogeneous datasets, and is motivated to grow professionally as a Data Scientist.
As a Data Scientist on this team:
***This position is also available in the following locations:
- You will work on our Science team and partner closely with applied scientists, data engineers as well as product managers, UX designers, and business partners to answer complex problems via data analysis. Outputs from your analysis will directly help improve the performance of the ML based recommendation systems thereby enhancing the customer experience as well as inform the roadmap for science and the product.
- You can effectively analyze complex and disparate datasets collected from diverse sources to derive key insights.
- You have excellent communication skills to be able to work with cross-functional team members to understand key questions and earn the trust of senior leaders.
- You are able to multi-task between different tasks such as gap analysis of algorithm results, integrating multiple disparate datasets, doing business intelligence, analyzing engagement metrics or presenting to stakeholders.
- You thrive in an agile and fast-paced environment on highly visible projects and initiatives.
San Diego and Austin (Texas)
- Experience in efficiently handling large datasets for solving business problems.
- Experience in data analytics in the fields of recommendation systems, deep learning and machine learning.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, ability to communicate effectively to both technical and nontechnical audiences
- Demonstrated successful industrial experience, drives results.
- Thinks strategically and staying on top of tactical execution.
- Exhibits excellent business judgment and understanding of science, engineering, and business trade-offs.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.