- 10+ years of experience in communications, public relations and/or journalism.
- Bachelor’s Degree
Amazon is seeking an Executive Communications SR Manager to join its Corporate Communications team. This role will support Amazon’s senior executives, including internal and external speaking opportunities, media engagements, videos, and written communications. This person will build out a proactive program for executives that focuses on how Amazon is supporting customers, employees, and communities.
The successful candidate will be an energetic, enthusiastic storyteller who can work across teams and with various executives to tell compelling stories via the most effective internal and external media and channels. This individual will have the demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, dynamic organization, and have a track record of generating results. The successful candidate will have experience working with and providing counsel to senior executives, and have the confidence and know-how to guide their communications activities.
- Work across Amazon’s businesses to identify compelling stories and narratives that highlight and explain how the company is supporting customers, employees, and communities.
- Identify and train senior executives globally to tell Amazon’s stories.
- Identify external media outlets to which Amazon can pitch (and place) our positive stories, including print, broadcast, online and live events.
- Create executive communications content calendar that aligns with Amazon’s corporate activities and creates the right cadence for launching new material.
- Build and launch owned content across various owned media, including text, video, multimedia and live speaking events.
- Work with internal channel owners to promote owned and, occasionally and as appropriate, earned media.
- Measure results of communications activities and update plans accordingly to capitalize on successful activities.
- Knows how to use research and metrics to drive messaging
- Strong bias for action - Equally comfortable building strategic communications plans and executing at a tactical level
- Experience driving direction and alignment with large cross-functional teams
- Experience working with and providing guidance to senior executives