- 8+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- 8+ years’ of finance experience or a related analytical field, or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Amazon seeks an experienced Finance Manager to play a key role on the Alexa Marketing Finance team supporting Kids+ and Alexa subscriptions businesses. This role will be responsible for driving insights that can shape the Alexa strategy with Kids+, including measuring the effectiveness of Sales and Marketing investments. The successful candidate will define key performance indicators (KPI's) for subscription businesses and partner with Sales and Marketing to stand up leadership reviews for ongoing inspection of the business. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative and dynamic businesses. This role requires someone to be a strategic thinker, analytical, creative, and have a demonstrated ability to effectively manage the responsibilities of a fast-paced business. This position will work closely with multiple stakeholders across the organization to align on critical inputs, as well as support the Kids+ and subscription teams build robust analytical tools and insights.
Primary responsibilities include:
- Help define KPIs and derive insights from customer metrics. Translate these KPIs into a value framework that Sales and Marktinget teams can translate into actions
- Shape subscriptions business strategies by measuring and evaluating the effectiveness of different Sales and Marketing strategies as a lever to impact customer engagement
- Establish a baseline of effectiveness from past marketing strategies to inform current and proposed strategies
- Working with big data and transforming it into insights and information
- Leading automation efforts of critical processes
- Developing success metrics and dynamic scenario models to be used by business partners to help drive data driven decision making
- Support Kids+ and subscriptions teams with ad hoc analyses
- BA/BS in Finance, Accounting, Business, Economics, or a highly analytical field (e.g., Engineering, Math, and Computer Science)
- Excellent communication and presentation skills working with multiple peer groups and levels of management
- Experience performing analyses using advanced Excel functionality and providing recommendations based on results to senior management for strategic decision-making
- Strong resourcefulness and ability to find or develop compelling data given limited resources and time
- Experience and ability to use SQL, Essbase, Power Pivot, Cognos or similar tools
- Detail-oriented and data-driven
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.