- Bachelor’s Degree
- 7+ years of experience in a financial institution, licensed money transmitter, audit, payments, e-commerce, or operational and risk management environment OR consulting experience with clientele in such firms.Excellent written and verbal communication skills. You will prepare reports and make presentations to senior level management. You will interact with various levels of employees to collect and communicate information.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Ability to multitask in a fast-paced, technical environment.
- Very comfortable managing through ambiguity with strong bias for action
- Ability to travel internationally 2-3 times annually once local government guidance reopens non-essential travel.
We are looking for a passionate and driven risk manager with proven expertise in managing multi-dimensional risk programs to deliver data driven insights that balance risk management and compliance concerns with supporting business growth and innovation. In this role you will lead a team charged with risk management for e-commerce and payments businesses across the Americas and Asia Pacific regions. Working in close collaboration with partners globally, you will shape the future of Amazon’s evolving risk and compliance programs, designing and delivering best-in-class solutions to measure, track, and mitigate risk in order to accelerate Amazon’s mission to “be Earth’s most customer-centric company.” This vital and visible role requires, and we value, strong ownership, intellectual flexibility, and sound and data driven business judgement.
Key job responsibilities
Design and deliver risk assessment and mitigation strategies to deliver actionable intelligence on emerging risks and new product initiatives. Proactively engage with business leaders to provide counsel and influence product design.
Represent risk management programs during examination and audit processes, ensuring timely and accurate response to inquiries. Develop detailed, data-driven narratives to inform senior leaders of risk levels, mitigations, and impacts.
Manage the day-to-day functions of the risk management programs in your region, inclusive of policy and process documentation and regular reporting. Ownership of operational risk programs, including business continuity and resiliency and third-party risk.
Maintain a strong understanding of best-in-class risk and control principles, and related regulatory expectations – embed governance processes to perform recurring gap analysis against those expectations.
Effectively manage relationships with stakeholders across business, technology, legal, compliance, and operations teams to design and deliver on a risk management roadmap. Set and periodically audit communication strategies to ensure integration of stakeholder feedback.
Build and develop a team of subject matter experts in various facets of risk management. Set and execute on individualized coaching and development plans. Set and manage team goals in support of enterprise goals. Manage staff planning and budgeting.
About the team
The Risk and Compliance Services team (RCS) within Amazon's Customer Trust and Partner Support (CTPS) organization supports Amazon’s regulated payments compliance programs globally. RCS manages license maintenance, regulatory reporting, Anti-Money Laundering (AML), Sanctions, and consumer protection programs, as well as risk management and controls assurance.
- Graduate Degree with concentrations in Risk Management, Global Business, and/or Auditing functions.
- Professional certification in Risk Management, Compliance, Audit
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.