- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Five+ years of experience managing IT projects from initiation to closure.
- Understanding of core IT infrastructure and service concepts.
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited university or equivalent.
- Project management training, PMP or Prince2 certification or equivalent.
- Ability to travel frequently within region and Internationally (25% )
- Experience managing continuous improvement initiatives
- Strong oral and written communication skills in English.
- Demonstrated experience communicating effectively across organizational structures and multiple management levels.
The Global IT Deployment organization manages the IT Infrastructure scope of a complex suite of projects and is responsible for the delivery of initiatives across business teams and operations groups within Amazon Fulfillment IT. Our projects deliver on the solutions that power the physical fulfillment of our customers’ orders. This includes management of site launches across the globe and directly supports shipping packages to millions of Amazon.com customers across the world.
As an IT Program Manager, you will lead a variety of projects with significant scope and impact supporting several different areas of the business.
In this role you will be focused on identifying and executing on initiatives to gain efficiencies and improve customer experience in the way we deliver new site launch projects at amazon. you will work with cross functional teams to lead these improvement initiatives that will enable the IT projects team to scale to the expansion demand, meeting the scope, budget and timeline of the effort. Projects will be in disparate geographic locations, and require strong communication skills to coordinate onsite and remote work with teams across your region.
As a single point of contact for the project team, you will be responsible for end-to-end project management.
- Working with business leaders and stakeholders to define a continuous improvement roadmap and writing business cases to gain alignment and support for new initiatives.
- Create KPIs and tracking mechanisms to measure success of implemented initiatives and value to the business.
- Develop and manage IT projects from beginning to end, including project scope, timeline, hardware procurement, resource allocation, and project execution coordinating remote work closely with field teams.
- Provide project management and direction to ensure the project team has a clear understanding of timelines, risks, escalation path and roles/responsibilities they will undertake within the project team.
- Act as an escalation point for the project team and project stakeholders to manage risks, develop mitigation plans and path to green throughout the project.
- Proactively manage change control and communicate impact in project scope, identify issues, and devising contingency plans.
- Identify and manage project dependencies and critical paths and with maintaining accurate project plans with real-time milestone, task and project health data for all your projects in the PPM tool.
- Update or develop documentation on processes that are critical to successfully implementing your projects.
- Intermediate-level knowledge in one or more of the following: LAN, WAN, Wireless, Telecommunications, Systems Administration, Low voltage data cabling, or data facilities technologies.
- Exemplary communication skills, managing conflict, escalations, negotiating compromise and influencing others.
- Demonstrated ability to work in a fast-paced, ambiguous environment while prioritizing and managing multiple responsibilities.
- Site launch experience of IT infrastructure (WLAN, LAN, end user equipment) in retail, distribution, logistics or similar.
- Experience with procurement of IT equipment.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.