- 6+ years’ experience managing technical teams
- 4+ years’ experience managing managers
- Bachelor's degree from an accredited university or equivalent work experience
- IT infrastructure operations, IT service management or IT business operations experience
- Understanding of networking, telephony, PCs, Macs and Linux
- Ability to travel up to 8 weeks per year
At Amazon, we strive to be Earth's most customer-centric company where people can find and discover anything they want to buy online. We hire the world's brightest minds, offering them an environment in which they can relentlessly improve the experience for customers.
Amazon IT Services is looking for an experienced IT Support Manager to lead a team of managers and technicians who provide onsite and remote (telephone, chat) technical support for Amazon employees at our Seattle headquarters.
This manager must be a self-starter, possessing the ability to communicate priorities and drive change across their team and manage multiple complex projects and tasks simultaneously. They must be able to influence, negotiate and develop relationships with customers at all levels of the organization.
The ideal candidate is a creative leader with superior analytical abilities and judgment who can set clear goals and direction for their team that meet IT Services productivity and cost objectives while being a strong, vocal advocate for their customer.
Key responsibilities include:
- Directly managing a local workforce of IT support technicians
- Working closely with engineering and other operations teams to incorporate customer feedback into products and services, and address key IT support and usability concerns for corporate employees
- Maintaining very high customer satisfaction and a consistently great work experience for all Amazonians
- Defining and analyzing metrics to drive standards and influence team behavior; holding team accountable for the achievement of goals
- Working effectively in a fast-paced, global, cross-functional environment.
- Master’s Degree in a technical or other relevant discipline
- Experience in lean, six-sigma, process improvement
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us