ABOUT THE TEAM:
- 1-3 years of experience leading teams.
- 6+ years of experience in investigations, risk management, incident or crisis management, program management, or escalation management.
- 5+ years of experience working in industries such as law, policy, compliance, risk management, or related fields.
- A proven track record of successfully delivering initiatives from conception through completion within scope, time, and high quality
- Experience preparing reports that identify findings and provide recommended remediation strategies and solutions.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills with the ability to present information clearly and concisely to a variety of audiences
- Ability to think critically and drive improvements
- Ability to identify, mitigate, and manage business risks in a dynamic, fast-paced environment.
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to work autonomously, balance multiple priorities, appropriately triage, and operate in ambiguity
- Ability to think analytically and derive insights from a variety of sources, and leveraging those insights to make informed decisions
Customer Trust & Partner Support (CTPS) is responsible for creating a trustworthy shopping experience across Amazon stores worldwide by protecting customers, brands, selling partners and Amazon from fraud, counterfeit, and abuse as well as empowering, providing world‐class support, and building loyalty with Amazon’s millions of selling partners. We value individual expression, respect different opinions, and work together to create a culture where each of us is able to contribute fully. Our unique backgrounds and perspectives strengthen our ability to achieve Amazon's mission of being Earth's most customer-centric company.
The Selling Partner Trust, Abuse, Risk and Reviews (STAR) team focuses on building and maintaining selling partner trust, preventing multiple forms of seller and vendor abuse, and reinforcing customer trust in our store. STAR addresses risk from Selling Partner accounts across three areas: (A) Preventing bad actors from creating or compromising Selling Partner accounts, (B) Preventing bad listings, reviews and other community content, and (C) Ensuring a perfect order experience, including preventing the sale of inauthentic, expired or used products sold as new, and quickly making things right for customers if they don’t receive an authentic product in the condition they expect. The STAR team enforces Amazon’s selling and listing policies regardless of whether they are acting alone, or in collusion with other parties. The team also creates a trustworthy selling experience to ensure that Selling Partners perceive Amazon as the safest and most effective store in which to sell their products worldwide. Finally, STAR partners with all CTPS teams to audit and ensure accuracy in our enforcement actions.
We are looking for a Manager to lead a newly formed Incident Management team within Community Trust. Have you ever purchased a product on Amazon without checking the product’s star rating and customer reviews? Every day, millions of Amazon customers read Customer Reviews to decide whether to buy a product. If you are interested in protecting the integrity of one of the top factors that influence Customers’ purchase decisions, come join the Community Trust team to help prevent abuse in Customer Reviews and Star Ratings.
The Community Trust (CT) team within STAR protects Amazon's Community features (e.g., Customer Reviews, Questions & Answers) from abuse. This is a strategic area of investment for Amazon and the work we do is of paramount importance in preserving the trust customers have in the Amazon brand. Our environment is fast-paced and highly ambiguous as we continuously work to stay one-step ahead of bad actors and protect customers from their violations.
ABOUT THE ROLE:
The Manager for Incident Management will establish new and steer existing teams of incident managers and specialists who are tasked with responding to and mitigating critical and high impact global events and escalations.
An ideal candidate will have a demonstrated record of success in managing teams, setting strategic vision for teams, and leading changes in processes and procedures to adjust to emerging trends and needs. The Manager for Incident Management should be skilled in setting metrics to measure and analyze team member output and leveraging results to adjust and improve team deliverables. This individual should be someone who earns trust, builds consensus, functions well in ambiguity and fast-paced environments, and is a skilled writer and overall communicator.
Manager, for Incident Management will be responsible for:
- Steering teams of specialists responsible for identifying and mitigating threats to a Customer’s perfect order experience.
- Developing the goals and objectives for teams of incident managers and specialists tasked to take on complex high judgment decisions.
- Assisting in hiring and developing the best.
- Analyzing emerging trends to improve processes, products, and services of these teams.
- Conducting learning needs assessments for teams and identifying requirements and designing training curriculum and course content based on requirements.
- Planning instructional strategies such as lectures, demonstrations, interactive exercises, and web-based courses to improve team performance and development.
- Managing the indexing, cataloguing, storage, and access of organizational knowledge.
- Advanced degree in a relevant field (i.e. MBA, JD, MA, Public Policy, etc.)
- Knowledge of the principal methods, procedures, and techniques of gathering information and producing, reporting, and sharing information.
- Knowledge of training and education principles and methods for curriculum design, teaching and instruction for individuals and groups, and the measurement of training and education effects.
- Experience promoting knowledge sharing between information owners and users.
- Experience working with geographically distributed teams within a complex international organization.
- Ability to lead through influence.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.