- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- BA/BS in safety, environmental, ergonomics, engineering, or other relate field
- 5-10 years of increasing responsibilities in safety, environmental, and Last Mile transportation programs
- Experience leading change in complex and ambiguous environments involving multiple sites and stakeholders
- Federal, state, and/or local EHS experience with road safety laws, regulations, policies, and procedures
- Experience with performance metrics, process improvements, and data analysis
The On Road Safety Program Manager role plays an important role in helping insure the safety of Delivery Service Providers (DSP) partner’s drivers as they deliver to our customer. We are looking for motivated individuals who want to be part of the team behind the Amazon smile. Come be a part of a growing safety organization who plans an integral part in the growth of Amazon’s Last Mile delivery operation with the top e-commerce company in the world. We are committed to exceeding customer expectations by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large of small, are delivered safely, quickly, accurately, and as cost effective as possible.
We are seeking an individual with strong program management skills to join the Global Road Safety team. In this position, they will be responsible for collaborating with various project/program managers to build standard operating procedures (SOP), gather and analyze data to influence business decisions and support safe transportation operations. This role will require a high attention to detail including the proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is required. Proven technical skills are a necessity, including clear communication of data insights to others that drive program management changes. The role will be located in Amazon’s corporate office in Nashville, TN.
- Own end-to-end launch, execution, and audit of programs focused on eliminating risks within our Last Mile delivery operation.
- Benchmark Amazon’s Last Mile delivery operations against internal and external operations to identify opportunities to raise the bar in road safety.
- Providing strategies to plan and organize work system to reduce health & safety risks and recommending suitable adaptations to processes.
- Support the launching of new programs Focus on the development and communication of safety SOPs and PMVs focus on safe driving and safe delivery by our DSP partners.
- Providing management information and data related to your area of responsibility.
- Develop audit process for our Last Mile delivery operations to manage high risk parts of the operation.
- Manage the review and of operational changes to assess the impact on delivery partners.
- Reviewing the safety of upcoming program and policy changes to assess the risk to the safety of our Last Mile delivery operations.
- Manage the health and safety function and relationship between the AMXL Operational team and DSP partners to ensure delivery of objectives.
- Develop and maintain safety programs supporting Amazon’s Last Mile delivery operations.
- Providing authoritative advice and guidance on health & safety matters to all stakeholder within designated area of responsibility including on road safety.
- Escalate safety risks, problems, or deviations from SOP/PMV to the responsible people and teams and insure that the measures taken are implemented appropriately.
- Support incident entry, root cause, and correction actions
- Build strong working relationships with internal peers and partners, while maintaining communication with all parties.
- Engage with internal and external business teams and stakeholders to identify opportunities to improve safety, performance, and service.
This position requires less than 25% travel
- Last Mile delivery experience
- Lean, 5S, and Kaizen experience
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills, including comfort interfacing with Directors and VPs
- Ability to develop and implement goals and strategies based on broader organizational goals
- Strong analytical and problem-solving skills, with demonstrated ability to provide creative solutions/advice on technical and environmental management issues
- The credibility and influencing skills and strategies to be able to build buy-in to change
- Demonstrable record of driving significant change through an operation.
- An in-depth understanding of essential/relevant US regulations, standards legislation and on-road best practice.
- Flexible approach to work, able to manage own priorities and workload.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.