Must have one of the following:
- High school or equivalent diploma
- High School or equivalent diploma
- Must have a valid card evidencing successful completion of a CPR course at the Basic Life Support for Healthcare Provider level (American Heart Association) or Professional Rescuer (American Red Cross)
- Qualified with six months of job experience or certification in the last three years as a:
- Certified Athletic Trainer by the board of Certification for the Athletic Trainer
- Licensed Physical Therapy Assistant by the Federation of State Boards of Physical Therapy
- Certified Occupational Therapy Assistant by the National Board of Certification for Occupational Therapy (NBCOT)
- Certified Strength & Conditioning Specialist by the National Strength and Conditioning Association
- Military Combat or Field Medic
- Valid State EMT-Basic Certification from the Department of Health from the state you are working in AND/OR valid National Registry of Emergency Medical Technicians (NREMT) certification OR
- Bachelor’s Degree from an accredited academic institution in:
- Exercise Science
- Exercise Physiology
- Health Sciences
One focus area of the Amazon Workplace Health & Safety (WHS) mission is to provide tools, resources, and environments that support safe, efficient, healthy behaviors and encourage employees to proactively manage their health and wellbeing. To support this focus area, Amazon is seeking an experienced and innovative Onsite Medical Representative (OMR) to join our team. In this position, you will work closely with the WHS team, Injury Prevention Specialists (IPS) and the WHS Site Manager. You will be required to independently evaluate and provide first aid for musculoskeletal injuries, advise Amazon Associates (AAs) on occupational and non-occupational injuries, have great verbal communication skills, be able to connect with AA’s, as well as, Amazon Managers. You should enjoy learning and applying your knowledge about health & wellness to provide care for (AAs) on a daily basis. You will direct care to outside medical providers as needed, learn about OSHA regulations, risk, analysis, and learn while you work. Practical ergonomics experience is advantageous, but will also be provided as ongoing training.
The OMR will function as a part of the larger team onsite, helping to provide assistance with all health and needs. This includes attending weekly associate committee meetings, greeting all new hires for the site, either within a group setting at New Hire Orientation or through one-on-one interaction. The OMR will also participate, as needed, in incident investigations and weekly case management review meetings. Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
- Provide triage, first aid, and/or referral to outside medical providers, if indicated.
- Minimize the AA risk of injury through awareness, education and proactive engagement.
- Maintain all records of care provided to AA’s.
- Develop a plan of care for AA’s recovering from an injury, focused on injury improvement, including self-care instructions as needed.
- Provide one on one coaching to AAs on proper body mechanics.
- Facilitate and maintain the workers’ compensation and return to work process for associates with work related injuries.
- Provide daily activity logs and end of shift reports.
- Spend frequent time on the warehouse floor to interact and engage with AAs and managers to coach on observed at-risk work habits.
- Maintain a clean and orderly environment.
- Monitor and ensure appropriate medical supply inventory is maintained.
- Participate in special projects and ad hoc tasks as assigned.
- Willing to be trained to teach First Aid/CPR/AED certification classes.
- Work flexible shifts which could include days, nights, and/or weekends
- Communicate effectively
- Display professional bedside manner
- Develop care plans to enhance injury resolution, providing detailed care instructions, and tailoring plans to meet individuals needs with OSHA Level 1 scope
- Multitask and have exceptional time management skills
- Work in and embrace inclusive and diverse atmosphere
- Follow direction, policy, and procedures
- Maintain composure in emergencies and lead emergency response at the site
Proof of full vaccination against COVID-19 for positions based in Washington State and other jurisdictions as required by, and subject to, applicable law.
- Certified to teach first aid, CPR, and AED training from American Heart Association or American Red Cross
- Proficient in Microsoft Office
- Experience with an industrial wellness program
- Passion for promoting health and wellness
- Experience coaching on body mechanics
- Experience managing musculoskeletal disorders
- Experience in ergonomics
- Experience with OSHA regulations, specifically 29 CFR 1910
- Experience with Workers Compensation
- Proficient in digital recordkeeping
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us