- 7+ years of experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- BA/BS degree or equivalent with specialization in engineering, marketing, finance, business, technology or related fields
Amazon Web Services (AWS) is a dynamic, growing business unit within Amazon.com. Since early 2006, AWS has provided companies of all sizes with an infrastructure platform in the cloud. Using AWS, companies can requisition compute power, storage, and other services – gaining access to a global computing infrastructure that is the backbone of Amazon.com’s multi-billion-dollar retail business. Today, AWS provides a highly reliable, scalable, low-cost infrastructure platform in the cloud that powers millions of active monthly customers from start-ups to multi-national corporations to governments.
Innovation is in our DNA. Our approach to product development and delivery is fundamentally different than other technology companies, which has allowed us to ensure that our customers have the broadest, deepest, and most secure platform to build transformational applications and services since 2006.
Time is a precious, non-renewable resource. An asset. As AWS, we look to align our employee’s time against our strategy to serve our customers, and we create an experience when they can bring their best selves, their full energy and potential to work every day. Capturing time is essential for AWS to serve its customer and operate as a business.
To meet the growing demand for Amazon Web Services, the AWS Global Time Experience Team (GTX) is seeking a dynamic, organized, and experienced Business Engagement Leader to help build AWS’s global vision and roadmap for time management while executing time and attendance system launches across the organization in partnership with internal and external partners.
As a Principal, Business Engagement Leader, you will collaborate with business and technical teams to plan and deliver world-class experiences for GTX’s customer – AWS employees, managers, and business leaders – that are compliant, highly scalable and flexible. You will work with stakeholders and multiple business teams to identify and define policy and solution requirements. You will work with multiple teams globally to deliver those solutions. You will be the face and voice for the customer and ensure all stakeholders are aware of successes, risks and status. You will tailor your communications to specific audiences and communicate clearly and concisely to both business and technical audiences.
Key Responsibilities include:
- Own engagement, prioritization and enablement of Time Management policies and solutions for their respective AWS LOB
- Work with their GTX peers, and partners, to develop strategies and roadmaps that are guided by team tenets and create integrated end-to-end experiences for AWS employees, managers, and business leaders
- Build and manage project schedules/plans and metrics to drive project delivery
At AWS we embrace our differences. We are committed to furthering our culture of inclusion. We have ten employee-led affinity groups, reaching 40,000 employees in over 190 chapters globally. We have innovative benefit offerings, and we host annual and ongoing learning experiences, including our Conversations on Race and Ethnicity (CORE) and AmazeCon (gender diversity) conferences. Amazon’s culture of inclusion is reinforced within our 14 Leadership Principles, which remind team members to seek diverse perspectives, learn and be curious, and earn trust.
- Experience in HR, HR Operations, Payroll, and/or Time and Labor Management
- Strong leadership skills and ability to navigate complex organizational structures and manage senior relationships; ability to influence widely without authority
- Exceptional communication (both written and verbal) skills; excellent at communicating with both technical and non-technical stakeholders, and ability to develop executive level messaging, report and presentations
- Ability to thrive in the face of ambiguity
- Coordinate effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities
- Entrepreneurial drive and resourcefulness; you find/create nimble solutions to challenging problems without sacrificing the long-term vision
- Experience dealing effectively with internal and external customers during problem resolution and operating efficiently under pressure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.