Demonstrable experience in HR Policy or Compliance Work, Employment Law or Business. · BA or BS degree in Human Resources or Business · Project management experience and skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results. · Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Amazon seeks a Principal for the People and Experience Transformation (PXT3) Policy team. This role will serve as the WW Consumer strategic business partner to Central HR organizations to support policy creation, iteration and process improvement. This role will lead the identification and delivery of policy reviews as identified from the Central HR strategic plans.
The successful candidate will possess an ability to collaborate and influence across several senior level stakeholders in central teams and PXT field to (1) identify and prioritize critical business needs and implementation pain points, (2) analyze input data, and customer feedback, (3) develop scalable policy and network wide standard practice solutions. This is a new role and will require an ability to communicate effectively, develop mechanisms and embrace change that ill inevitable occur with each initiative and create a path where there is none .
In this position, you are required to think big as well as execute at a tactical level to drive improvements in our HR policies across multiple lines of businesses and geographies. You are also expected to work collaboratively with the broader PXT3 Transformation team by aligning priorities and strategy to develop a successful integrated implementation. The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
- Deep understanding of internal customers. Understand their priorities, what they are saying, and more importantly, what they aren’t. Deliver and drive value for them.
- Innovation. Appreciate what exists, identify why it works. Then iterate on it or build something totally different that derives even MORE value and a better business/employee experience.
- Judgment. Be able to support your opinions with sound reasoning grounded in the business.
- Process Improvement. Utilize the right metrics to measure policy quality.
- Think big. Look around corners and anticipate challenges/obstacles and proactively mobilize to address.
- Prioritization. There will be a constant flow of work, both tactical and strategic. Determine what gets done first and why, while managing a plan for what to do with everything else.
- Building relationships. Share best practices, partner on solutions, test existing mechanisms and continue to improve.
- Have Backbone. Utilize past experience and deep knowledge of the policy impact to inform and consult on policy decisions.
- Communicate. Share your ideas, listen to others, deliver on commitments, follow-up, and follow-up again and escalate when you have hit a road block to drive solutions to get back to green.
- Resourcefulness. If you don’t know it, that’s ok. But you should know where to go for the answer or how to find out.
- Bias for Action and dealing with ambiguity. Sometimes it is not clear how we are going to get there. Can you help carve a path? How fast can you do it? What are the tradeoffs? Take risks and be willing to try new things, fail fast and iterate.
Key job responsibilities
- Drive culture of innovation, simplification and continuous improvement through testing policy mechanisms, best practice sharing, advocacy and hands-on leadership.
- Build/prioritize policy roadmap and drive the tactical execution of key Policy initiatives, including content creation.
- Manage and resolve escalations thoroughly and with appropriate urgency.
- Manage projects and processes in an environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Work with a diverse group of stakeholders to understand processes, policies, when to leverage other mechanisms and to validate effectiveness of policy solutions.
A day in the life
This role will serve as the WW Consumer strategic business partner to Central and Field HR organizations to support policy creation, iteration and process improvement. This role will lead the strategy to develop and deliver against an integrated policy roadmap that reflects priorities of both field HR and central teams.
The successful candidate will possess an ability to collaborate and influence stakeholders in order to: (1) identify critical business needs, (2) analyze customer feedback, (3) develop scalable policy solutions and standard implementation practices.
About the team
With an overarching theme of simplification and scale, the HR Policy team for world wide Consumer facilitate a best in class global employee experience, while balancing the needs of the business by providing clear and simple HR Policies that facilitate the right behavior in our employees and our people managers.
Master’s Degree in Human Resources, or Business JD, advanced degree, or other specialized training in Employment Law Strategic thinker, and a change agent.· Presents with both confidence and a humbleness, and has a demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership, understand business goals, analyze opportunities and develop policy project plans for various workflows. Self-driven; possess a high degree of ownership and have strong business acumen, excellent communication/influencing skills, planning/project management skills and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. Proficient in obtaining, organizing and analyzing data to make fact-based decisions and influence others. Demonstrated collaborative, problem-solving skills evidenced by results in past positions. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.