- 3+ years SQL and Excel experience
- 5+ years of experience quantitative research or analyses
- Bachelor's degree in mathematics, statistics, computer science, engineering, economics or related field
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
We are looking for a talented senior analyst to join the Network Strategy team. This role requires someone with strong analytic skills and business acumen who will work with stakeholders on strategic projects within CS. Examples of project work may include support of long-term CS site strategy; planning model input forecasting and general project evaluation for CS network cost, quality, scale, flexibility and business continuity. The ideal candidate will have a strong analytic background that enables them to manage global capacity network planning, a demonstrated ability to think broadly and strategically about customer service initiatives and the ability to persuade executives to build consensus on objectives.
Key responsibilities include:
- Working on a diverse project portfolio supporting CS Capacity Planning initiatives and strategy.
- Cross-functional collaboration across multiple business teams, CS Operations, Global Outsourcing, Program Management and Finance leadership.
- Coordination of global analytic roll-ups in support of project work and reporting as needed
- Create new reporting & analytic opportunities by analyzing and understanding key planning processes
- Thought leadership on integration of new products/services supported by CS.
- Narrative writing and presentations on key initiatives used to influence necessary business actions benefitting the CS Network and Amazon
- Master's degree in applicable field of study
- Operations research or capacity planning experience
- Some programming experience is a plus to automate tools whenever appropriate
- Basic/Working knowledge of Six Sigma tools and Lean techniques
- Attention to detail and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously
- Strong written and verbal communication skills