- 5+ years of finance experience or a related analytical field.
- Ability to work with complex financial models
Amazon Lab126 is an inventive research and development company that designs and engineers high-profile consumer electronics. Lab126 began in 2004 as a subsidiary of Amazon.com, Inc., originally creating the best-selling Kindle family of products. Since then, we have produced groundbreaking devices like Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo. What will you help us create?
Amazon seeks a Senior Financial Analyst to be a key member of our Lab Finance team, supporting Echo. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the most innovative businesses at Amazon.
The successful candidate will have experience in past roles influencing business owners and supporting decision-making in rapidly evolving environments. This role requires a self-starter with strong financial modeling skills and the ability to manage multiple projects effectively. This role also has regular interaction with executives and various business units across Amazon, so strong interpersonal and communication skills are required.
Key job responsibilities
Primary responsibilities include:
- Supporting product and portfolio scenario analysis with financial modeling and data-driven recommendations
- Financial budgeting, planning, reporting, and variance analysis
- Identifying opportunities for cost savings
- Managing program budgets
- Leading automation efforts for critical processes
- Technical and financial knowledge, including understanding of internal control requirements and accounting principles
- Advanced Excel knowledge
- Excellent communication and organization skills
- Ability to manage multiple tasks at once and a work ethic based on a strong desire to exceed expectations
- Excellent attention to detail, strong problem solving skills, the ability to deal with ambiguity, and work successfully and effectively on cross-functional team
- Self-starter with strong analytical skills and decision-making capabilities
- Ability to work in a team-oriented environment, often cross-functionally
- Experience with Oracle, Essbase, TM1 and similar tools
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.