- Bachelor’s Degree or equivalent work experience
- 10+ years of community relations, public policy, government affairs, business development, human relations, public relations experience or progressive operations experience.
- 7+ years of experience working with internal and external stakeholders (e.g.business partners, service partners, government officials, vendors, and the community)
- 7+ years of experience using data to drive business solutions
The Amazon Logistics (AMZL) Community Operations team is charged with defining a plan for ensuring AMZL operations deliver a positive net impact in the communities where we operate today and in the future. We are driving community engagement and working to embed standard work into our day to day operations creating a positive impact in our communities.
AMZL is looking for a Senior Manager for the AMZL Community Operations organization. The Senior Manager will lead a team of regional community operations associates and drive AMZL’s reputation and brand in local communities.
- Build and maintain strong relationships with communities and their government as well as business leaders across the AMZL network in designated region
- Understand the needs and opportunities in the neighborhoods where we operate and how our operations will impact those neighborhoods.
- Build and execute local community outreach plans
- Develop plans for AMZL operational improvements as needed
- Coach and guide local AMZL and Delivery Service Partner (DSP) leaders on community engagement protocols
- Ensure ongoing improvement, execution, and inspection of operating standards that impact communities
- Represent AMZL in discussions with local government officials and business leaders
- Participate in local town halls, task forces, and other events (e.g. rotary club meetings) to gather feedback on the impact of our operations in communities and opportunities for partnership on community outreach
- Build local level mechanisms and inspection points to improve delivery station activities that impact the community.
- Drive end-to-end operational resolution of escalations
- Inform updating standards and audits as required
- Consider the Amazon corporate reputation in neighborhoods where we operate and recommend ways to increase brand awareness.
- Work with internal teams to support new delivery station launches.
- Work with Public Relations to drive community outreach campaigns.
- Support onboarding of station leaders, managers and associates.
- Work closely with Amazon's Public Policy, Operations, Infrastructure, and Real Estate teams, and other business partners regarding new investments, site expansions and requirements
- Work closely with Public Policy partners to understand upcoming legislation impacting operations.
- Ability to identify, analyze, and solve problems with scalable solutions
- Experience making business decisions using relevant data and insights.
- Experience working cross multiple stakeholder groups, internally and externally
- Experience with supply chain and logistics.
- Master’s Degree
- Written and verbal communication skills
- Ability to influence effectively with Regional-level partners and leaders of specialist central function teams.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.