- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Experience implementing repeatable processes and driving automation or standardization
- Experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
- 2+ years of experience with sprint planning, intake and queue management
- Experience delivering results for cross-functional initiatives while managing multiple competing priorities
We are looking for a high caliber Senior Program Manager to start a project with strategic significance and high exposure. The initiative is fundamental to Amazon’s future, and will provide great personal satisfaction and career development as we tackle some of the most intriguing problems for our customer segments and building highly scalable services. We are building extremely customer focused software that can also serve many fast-growing businesses for decades to come. The project will have regular reviews with the company’s senior leaders. The scope of the project is set to scale rapidly for the next few years post launch.
The team is seeking an experienced program leader to build scalable processes and frameworks to drive the customer facing programs. You will define high quality program roadmap based on business strategy and voice of customer. Manage a cross-functional process to translate the desired customer experience into a logically sequenced and optimized program roadmap. Create buy-in for the program roadmap with internal and external stakeholders. You will also build and execute go-to-market plans for new programs and features working closely with marketing, sales and other product teams to help drive adoption. You will apply both business and technical acumen in a fast-paced, ambiguous, and innovative environment. Our ideal teammate possesses a natural curiosity, sharp analytical skills and is excited to pioneer on behalf of customers.
- Ability to operate with high level of independence. Proactively define and prioritize work scope and deliverables balancing the short and long term objectives of the program.
- Ability to dive deep and think through multiple potential outcomes/possibilities to define program requirements.
- Ability to write crisp, clearly articulated and logically supported recommendations to senior management with minimal supervision
- Demonstrated success in creation and execution of consumer facing products
- Proven analytical thinking, leadership, problem solving, project management skills, attention to detail, and exceptional organizational skills
- Be comfortable with ambiguity in a fast-paced and ever-changing environment, and able to think big while paying careful attention to detail.
- Demonstrated ability to engage and influence senior level executives
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Demonstrated ability to critique design wireframes and collaborate with design team to develop best in class customer experience.