- Bachelor's degree
- 10+ years of experience in program or project management
- 5+ years of experience delivering cross functional transformative projects
- 5+ years of experience managing, analyzing and communicating results to senior management
- Experience defining program requirements and using data and metrics to determine improvements
- This role can reside in any of the following corporate office locations: Atlanta, GA, Arlington, VA, Dallas, TX, Nashville, TN, New York City, and Seattle, WA.
At Amazon, we are working to be the most customer-centric company on earth. To get there, we need exceptionally talented, bright, and driven people. Amazon’s Global Workforce Staffing (WFS) organization is responsible for the recruiting and hiring of Amazon Associates across numerous business lines in multiple countries.
We are seeking a leader to help build and lead our North America and Marketing compliance team and drive initiatives in partnership with Amazon’s Workforce Staffing business lines, field teams, Legal, HR Risk and Compliance and technology teams to identify defects, close gaps, develop and execute the build-out of sustainable and solutions. If you are interested in working on a team with a collaborative culture, influencing and transforming operational and regulatory compliance initiatives, and being a part of a high-visibility team, come join us!
As a senior leader of the global compliance team, you thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment - you not only develop and drive high-level strategic initiatives, but you can roll up your sleeves, dig in and deliver results. You have a passion for mentorship, and value collaboration. You will continuously evolve management reporting, conduct complex data analysis, proactively identify risk, and deliver business insights in an environment of rapid growth and increasing complexity. You will be passionate about your work, detail-oriented, highly analytical and have excellent problem-solving skills.
The ideal candidate for this leadership role should be able to work independently, be innovative, and seek positive change in a dynamic environment. We are seeking someone with a demonstrated history of successfully owning and managing large, complex problems and engaging with cross-functional teams, and numerous stakeholders, directly and through influence. Strong project management skills plus a proven ability to help design and implement tools/processes are critical to the success in this role.
Key job responsibilities
- Project Management: Develop and deliver projects with large data sets utilizing technical tools and systems needed to work with them. Displaying proven problem-solving skills, project management experience, and strong attention to detail.
- Risk Management: Identify and quantify Risks and Opportunities (R&O) to the business for short and long-term processes. Provide analytical insights, bridge variances from plan, and communicate business risks and opportunities. Perform virtual and physical deep-dives to find the root causes behind variances of key parameters over a given time-period, as well as provide recommendations to pursue corrective action.
- Process Improvement: Drive continuous process improvement for processes related to risk and compliance, using lean methodologies such as Kaizen and Six Sigma. Utilization of strong operational business understanding, including potential impact of business decisions on various internal/external stakeholders, systems and processes.
- Measurement: Develop measures to define progress and ultimate success; establish ongoing reporting requirements and key performance indicators for planning and ultimately realizing intended ROIs.
- Subject Matter Expertise: Develop deep knowledge of core Workforce Staffing processes, advise the business on process requirements and best practices
- Communication: own written and verbal communications to project members and stakeholders on progress, issues, and risks including regular status updates and various white paper analysis.
- Change Management: Develop change management strategies by identifying key stakeholders, approach, and communication plans for implementation of new processes, technology, and/or tools.
- PMP/Six Sigma Black Belt, Prince2, Certified ScrumMaster (CSM), or Certified Product Owner (CSPO)
- MBA/Masters degree in a related discipline preferred
- Ability to work successfully in a matrixed environment, preferably with global partners.
- Experience using standard change management methodology; ability to simplify complex topics and deliver training and communications to broad and international audiences.
- Experience in leading data-driven decision making using both qualitative and quantitative data
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.