- BS in computer science, networking, information systems, computer engineering, or 7+ years’ equivalent experience
- Minimum of 5 years experience in researching, detecting and responding to security threats
- Minimum of 7 years experience in network, system, or software architecture; design, implementation, support, and evaluation of security-focused tools and services such as SIEM
- Minimum of 7 years scripting or programming experience in Ruby, Python, Shell/BASH scripting, Java, C/C++, C*, Perl, or other languages
- Minimum of 7 years experience in at least two of the following areas: incident response, security operations, threat intelligence, detections.
Amazon Payments processes millions of transactions every day across numerous countries and payment methods. Over 100 million customers and merchants send tens of billions of dollars through our systems annually. We are re-inventing the vision of our platform to provide our internal clients such as Digital, Retail, AWS, B2B and others, the best payment gateway service, benchmarked against the top external alternatives.
Paramount to our success is ensuring that customer data is secure. As a Security Engineer, you will solve some of the most challenging and interesting problems to effectively detect large-scale threats against Amazon Payments services. You will research external threat actors and their tactics, techniques, and procedures to build detections. You will lead detection strategy across Amazon Payments and improve the quality and coverage of existing detections. You will proactively share knowledge across the Amazon service owners.
A Senior Security Engineer in Amazon will be strong in multiple security domains and sought out for advice on technical issues. Efficient time management skills are required along with the ability to deliver results in the face of uncertainty.
Engineers in this role must show exemplary judgment in making technical trade-offs between short versus long term security and business goals. They must also demonstrate resilience and navigate difficult situations with composure and tact. The successful candidate must be one that can handle several difficult challenges and problems, can make risk-based assessments founded on data and facts.
Additionally, the successful candidate will be:
- Methodically empirical and experimental in approach and evaluation without being bound by over paralysis-by-analysis
- Be an enthusiastic learner and curiosity seeker, focusing on what can be done rather than hindered by notions of what cannot be
- Work ceaselessly to improve knowledge of the security field, threat landscape, security intelligence, moving proactively toward prevention and detection of threats
- Possess effective verbal and written communication skills, be passionate about sharing knowledge, tactics, strategy, as well as advocating for the project mission
- Great logic and problem-solving skills.
- Evangelize security within Amazon.com and be an advocate for customer trust
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation as this must appear on all our external job postings.
- MS in Computer Security, Computer Science, Networking, Information Systems, Computer Engineering, Systems Engineering or 10+ years’ equivalent experience
- Five plus years experience on a security engineering or operations team, experience coordinating responses to security incidents, or operating in a SOC environment
- Five plus years experience dealing with computing security issues and threat vectors
- Five plus years experience with large enterprise environment,