- 1+ years of experience contributing to the architecture and design (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems.
- 2+ years of non-internship professional software development experience
- Programming experience with at least one modern language such as Java, C++, or C# including object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in object-oriented design
- Computer Science fundamentals in data structures
- Computer Science fundamentals in algorithm design, problem solving, and complexity analysis
At Amazon Advertising, we are developing state-of-the-art large-scale computational advertising and machine learning applications using terabytes of data. The Demand Quality Engineering team develops algorithms and high performance, petabyte-scale distributed systems to optimize ad campaign setup recommendations and campaign performance. Our engineers work with machine learning scientists, economists and product managers on high impact initiatives for Amazon’s Display Advertising.
As an engineer on the Demand Quality Engineering team you will design and develop products that are at the heart of advertising – products that build automation to provide Amazon DSP advertisers with customized line item settings that improve goal KPI performance and reduce campaign setup errors. As a Software Development Engineer in this space, you will love the fast-paced, startup-like environment focused on building systems from the ground up. This role will involve designing and developing software products that impact many areas of our business. The individual in this role will have responsibility to help define requirements, create software designs, implement code to these specifications, provide thorough unit and integration testing, and support products while deployed and used by our stakeholders.
The ideal candidate will have a proven track record of shipping complex software solutions through an agile methodology. You will have the ability to dive deep into a wide variety of problems and technologies to guide the right technical decisions for the products and the businesses you will support. You will bring multiple years of devops experience from both owning and operating solutions of scale. You will be a strong communicator and will have proven abilities in both architectural and software solutioning.
- Bachelor’s Degree in Computer Science or related field.
- 4+ years of work experience in software development
- Experience building complex software systems that have been successfully delivered to customers
- Knowledge of professional software engineering practices & best practices for the full software development life cycle, including coding standards, code reviews, source control management, build processes, testing, and operations
- Ability to take a project from scoping requirements through actual launch of the project
- Experience in communicating with users, other technical teams, and management to collect requirements, describe software product features, and technical designs.
- Experience with Agile software development techniques.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.