- Experience with object-oriented design
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science or equivalent work experience.
- 3+ years of overall software development experience, with an emphasis on web applications
- Experience as a member of a UI design team participating in the complete product development life-cycle of successfully launched applications
- Experience building rich data-driven web applications
- Experience with Node.js and the NPM package ecosystem
Skills are like apps for Alexa, and provide a new channel for your content and services. Skills let customers use their voices to perform everyday tasks like checking the news, listening to music, playing a game, and more. Organizations and individuals can publish skills in the Alexa Skills Store to reach and delight customers on hundreds of millions of Alexa devices.
The Alexa Skills Kit (ASK) provides self-service APIs and tools that you can use to build Alexa skills. This role will focus on bringing advanced exepriences to life for Content Creators and Vertical focused skills.
A day in the life
The Alex Skill Kit Content Creator team empowers Alexa skill builders around the world to build high quality engaging voice experiences with little to no code. We build out in the open, are passionate about enabling no code developers the opportunity to create magical experiences through advanced tooling capabilities.
As part of the ASK Content Creators team, you will be able to deliver top skill local development experience to our large community of content developers and low code personas.
About the hiring group
We strive to build an inclusive and dynamic culture in ASK. We feature a amazing collection of diverse talent and are always looking to onboard the best and brightest talent to align with our mission of enabling World Class experiences to be built on the Alexa platform. Work Hard, Have Fun, Make History!
Interested in AI and creating the experiences and tooling to build smart Voice Bots? Come work Amazon Alexa . We’re building the Alexa Skills Platform enabling the community to create rich experiences for all Alexa enabled devices. We’re working hard, having fun, making history; come join us!
Amazon Alexa is looking for an experienced Engineer to join an exciting, innovating, customer-obsessed team, working on building new cutting edge AI tooling to democratize natural conversation in Amazon Alexa.
Our team is looking for a Engineer to be the tech lead with experience on both front end interfaces and back end systems. You will define the system architecture, own and implement specific components, help shape the overall experience and guide others. You’ll collaborate closely with UX researchers and designers, and Product managers to help define the scope of the product. You will take responsibility for technical problem solving, developing best practices, and defining processes and methods to improve the productivity of the team. You will have an enormous opportunity to make a large impact on cutting edge products used every day, by people you know.
- Responsible for the design, develop and maintenance key product features.
- Investigate design approaches, prototype new technology and evaluate technical feasibility.
- Work and contribute to an Agile/Scrum environment to deliver high quality software.
- Will establish architectural principles, select design patterns and mentor team members on their application.
- Contribute and collaborate with front-end developers, UX designers and researchers.
- Demonstrated UI implementation experience, and with a portfolio of work that demonstrates detailed attention to typography, color, imagery, motion, and graphic elements
- A passion for creating beautiful, engaging, intuitive, efficient and highly usable user interfaces
- Familiarity with React or equivalent technology
- Familiar emerging trends in desktop, web, and mobile app development
- Experience with deployments, dev ops, and AWS services.
Amazon is an Equal Opportunity Employer – Minority / Women / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation / Age.