- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience in partnering with product and program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
Alexa is the Amazon cloud service that powers Echo, the groundbreaking new Amazon device designed around your voice. We believe voice is the most natural user interface for interacting with technology across many domains; we are inventing the future. We’re looking for entrepreneurs who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of product ownership, and want to have fun while they make history. You will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of this mobile product that is used every day by Alexa customers.
As a Software Development Manager, you will be responsible for leading a team of engineers in design, development, test, and deployment cloud-connected mobile apps to a huge user base.
A successful candidate will have an established background of building native and web-based mobile apps, with extensive technical knowledge of development techniques and latest practices programing languages and software frameworks. You are a leader with progressive technical experience, a demonstrated progression of management scope, and a passion for managing engineering talent in a fast-paced environment. You have kept your coding skills sharp, and possess exceptional project management and communication skills.
- Responsible for the overall software development life cycle.
- Management and execution against project plans and delivery commitments; Manage the day-to-day activities of the engineering team within an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Management of departmental resources, staffing, mentoring, enhancing and maintaining a best-of-class engineering team.
- Work closely with the engineers to architect and develop the best technical design and approach.
- Contribute substantively to innovation on mobile and overcome technology limitations to deliver on customer experience.
- Report on status of development, quality, operations, and system performance to management.
- Responsible for the maintenance and enhancement of frameworks.
We are looking for entrepreneurial, innovative individuals who thrive on solving tough problems. You will be joining a select group of a people making history producing one of the most highly rated products in Amazon's history.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
Alexa On The Go team is responsible for building software experiences for Echo devices that delight customers in cars, as headphones or in other accessory form factors. The team works with multiple domain teams within Alexa to create experiences that are tailored to outdoor settings and enable customers to get a personalized experience on the move. The features built by the team are scalable to 3P devices. You will leverage Alexa services and hardware sensors to drive the next generation of unique on-the-go experiences.
- Bachelor’s degree or higher in Computer Science, engineering, or other technical discipline · 5 years or more of software development experience · 7 years or more of people management experience of a team of 10 engineers or more · Experience with shipping, operating, and maintaining high-volume traffic, low-latency systems · Experience with building voice applications, consumer electronics applications, or mobile applications Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.