- 7+ years of experience working directly within engineering teams
- Experience partnering with product OR program management teams
- 3+ years of people management experience, managing engineers
- 3+ years of experience architecting and designing (architecture, design patterns, reliability and scaling) of new and current systems
- Bachelor’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
Amazon’s Center of Excellence for Orchestration (ORCA) in eCF Dev Productivity group is looking for a Manager of software development to lead the development of Amazon's next generation Orchestration/Compute platforms used to implement and drive distributed processes and systems for various Amazon's business including Amazon retail websites, Kindle, Amazon instant video, Amazon subsidiaries and more.
As a leader you will be responsible for leading a group of software engineers. Your group will develop the technology behind the multi-tenant hosted workflow management platform that powers thousands of mission-critical workflow applications across Amazon's businesses, and innovate on behalf of Amazon businesses to redefine how broader compute and orchestration use cases are designed, implemented, and operated.
As the ideal candidate you will be experienced in managing a multi-discipline, multi-site organization of software engineers, and technical program managers. You will have a proven track record of shipping complex software solutions through an agile methodology. You will have the ability to dive deep into the understanding of problems in order to help your team make the right technical decisions for the product and the business. You will have a proven track record of managing and developing the career of your direct report. You will also be a strong communicator and will have proven abilities in managing through ambiguous situations.
Specific responsibilities include the following:
- Manage your group of engineers and managers into a highly performing engineering organization.
- Define and drive your long term product strategy based on your relationships with key customers and technology partners.
- Architect and deliver Amazon's next-generation compute/orchestration technology to help solve increasingly complex needs of Amazon's businesses.
- Master’s degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering or related technical discipline
- Experience with large scale distributed systems.
Experience of building solutions using AWS technologies.
- Experience in driving complex, cross-organizational projects
- Experience in creating and driving a bold vision
- Experience with realtime, high throughput, low latency systems, mission critical 24x7 systems
- Experience in Cloud Computing
- Experience with Data Warehousing systems
- Experience with NoSQL data stores
- Experience with DevOps methodologies in a cloud environment
- Experience building machine learning systems