- BA/BS degree in Business or a related field.
- Experience running statistical analysis, data mining and telling stories with data to provide direction to business leaders.
- Experience with one or more industry analytics visualization tools (e.g. Excel, Tableau, QuickSight, PowerBI)
- Knowledge of current HR systems including MyTime, PeopleInsight, Salesforce, Panorama
- Excellent communication (verbal, written, and data presentation) skills for interactions with both business and technical teams
External job description
Do you want to help individuals and teams succeed? Are you innovative, analytical and have a desire to make a difference? Can you get excited about building a business in a hyper-growth environment? We are looking for a strong logical thinker and problem solver to provide support for analyzing people and operational metrics within the HR AWS Infrastructure Services (AIS) team.
The HR Business & Analytics Specialist in AIS will work with personnel within the team and collaborate with teams across the company to design and implement the reporting and analytic solutions that provide business performance reporting and analysis capability for all AIS business units. This role will help us analyze data to provide detailed and robust reporting capability to support locations and teams globally. The successful candidate will be highly analytical, have attention to detail and a passion for process improvement. Ideal candidate will be able to tell stories using data, make recommendations and indicate trends to the business leaders.
The HR Business & Analytics Specialist will be responsible for developing reporting capability and functionality that enable all levels of management to understand key trends throughout the business. This includes evaluations of processes and programs. In addition, this person will work closely with senior human resource leaders on data collections, presentation and storytelling to help support the business decisions. This person needs to thrive in an ambiguous environment, is comfortable driving change, is curious and solutions oriented.
- Own the development and maintenance of new and existing artifacts focused on analysis of requirements, metrics, and reporting dashboards.
- Develop ad-hoc excel reports and dashboards within Quicksight, Tableau, and/or other BI platforms to improve access to and the usability of business performance information.
- Develop, update, validate, evaluate, and automate reports with the latest internal information to ensure accurate reporting. Including conducting audits
- Enable effective decision making by retrieving and aggregating data from multiple sources and compiling it into a digestible and actionable format.
- Have the ability to be self-sufficient in mining data from various HR systems of record including from Quicksight, Tableaus, My Time, Connections, and basic SQL.
- Understanding of statistical analysis, identifying trends and making recommendations based on data analysis.
- Support the rollout of new tools and systems to global teams including delivery of standard operating procedures, training materials and post-launch support resources
- Support HR leadership with on demand reports and asks and deep dive data to help drive business decisions through data analysis of HR metrics.
- Create artifacts easily digestible by business and HR partners
- Author concise documents communicating results to stakeholders, visualizing data where beneficial to drive decision-making
- Draft business review narratives, white papers and additional deep dive findings as needed for senior leadership teams.
Ideally role will be based in Seattle or Arlington, VA. Virtual/remote locations will be considered.
- Advanced analytical skills and an ability to work independently in a fast-paced and rapidly changing environment
- Familiarity with AWS Quicksight
- Creative and critical thinker
- Impeccable attention to detail, passion for processes and systems
- Experience implementing processes and providing support for core HR solutions
- Strong organizational and multitasking skills with ability to balance competing priorities
- Advanced technical or business degree (MS or MBA)
- High levels of integrity and discretion in handling confidential information.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.