- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
Do you have the desire to create something tangible, worthwhile and long lasting in the recruiting space? Do you want the freedom to create and innovate? Do you want to work in a supportive team where we all rally to help and encourage each other? If so, then this is the right role for you!
The Sr. Learning Specialist will be responsible for designing and executing a program to upskill our Specialty recruiting teams on both the art and science of recruiting. Specialty Recruiting at Amazon is responsible for hiring executives into the company. We’re developing a certification program that will allow members of the team to show they have the requisite functional and technical skills in recruiting, that they understand and have implemented best practices throughout their job. The certification will be rigorous - no freebies - but extremely rewarding. Those who complete the certification should be truly proud of the achievement.
The Sr. Learning Specialist will first help define the certification curriculum. You'll work with recruiting Subject Matter Experts (SMEs) to lay out the topics and courses and help prioritize them so we can get moving quickly. Next you'll develop the core materials, working with another team member as well as those recruiting SMEs. Finally, you'll define the logistics around the program and then implement it, tracking it to report out the progress of all who are in-process.
The Executive Recruiting team is leading this effort and you'll work closely with an onboarding resource, so we'll ensure all new joiners to the team get the support they need to be successful.
- Develop learning strategies and blended learning approaches to support a learner-centric experience.
- Develop innovative, varied and simplified solutions that maximize knowledge and skill acquisition (capability) while minimizing the operational burden (e.g., seat time) associated with training.
- Design a learning cohort program that balances speed and quality – meeting our learning objectives in the shortest possible time.
- Collaborate with the appropriate SME to develop knowledge assessments for each core functional area.
- Collaborate with the appropriate SME to develop training material for each core functional area
- Establish a comprehensive set of metrics to measure the impact of our learning program.
- Ensure all aspects of our learning programs are running smoothly and according to plan.
- Collaborate with People Managers to review progress of their teams and adjust curriculum execution as necessary.
- Develop mechanisms to gather feedback and plans to analyze, prioritize, and implement changes according to our learning roadmap.
- Identify additional opportunities for continuous learning based on program feedback and input from other areas.
- Provide ongoing program updates and reporting to stakeholders.
- Ten+ years working in a recruiting function in some capacity (recruiting, program manager, reporting, etc.). Prior experience working as a recruiter preferred.
- Five+ years assessing performance gaps, analyzing learning needs, designing and developing learning solutions, and evaluating program effectiveness
- Five+ years translating subject matter content to learning modules
- Excellent interpersonal and stakeholder management skills
- High attention to detail, organization and accountability
- Skilled collaborating as part of a team, and working independently to deliver results