Demonstrable experience in HR Policy or Compliance Work, Employment Law or Business. · BA or BS degree in Human Resources or Business · Project management experience and skills including planning work, managing details, keeping multiple tasks/projects on track, using time well, and doing whatever it takes to deliver reliable results. · Ability to travel domestically and internationally as needed.
Amazon seeks a Principal for the People and Experience team to support the Americas business lines within the WW Consumer organization.
This role will lead both the strategy and execution of HR Policy consolidation, implementation, content creation, etc. as part of the broader WW policy team strategy. The successful candidate will possess an ability to collaborate with stakeholders in a matrixed environment in order to: (1) identify critical business needs and employee pain points, (2) analyze input data, customer feedback and country specific employment laws to inform policy prioritization, (3) develop scalable policy solutions that address pain points, while striving for HR policy standardization across our sites. In this position, you are required to think big as well as execute at a tactical level as you’ll work across businesses and geographies to drive improvements in our HR policies. You are also expected to work collaboratively with the broader PXT3 Transformation team by aligning to the priorities, mechanisms and workflow to support both business efficiencies and the employee experience.
The successful candidate will have a demonstrated track record of:
Key areas of responsibility:
- Deeply understand internal customers. Understand their priorities, what they are saying, and more importantly, what they aren’t. Deliver and drive value for them.
- Innovation. Appreciate what exists, identify why it works. Then iterate on it or build something totally different that derives even MORE value and a better business/employee experience.
- Judgment. Understand different perspectives and business needs, develop a solution that works, move the ball forward. Be able to support your opinions with sound reasoning grounded in the business.
- Process Improvement. Utilize the right metrics to measure policy quality and opportunities and leverage the broader team policy workflow mechanisms.
- Think big. Look around corners and anticipate challenges/obstacles the business could face as the employment law landscape evolves, specifically by country/jurisdiction and proactively mobilizing a plan to address. What aren’t we thinking of on behalf of our customers?
- Prioritization. There will be a constant flow of work, both tactical and strategic. Determine what gets done first and why, while managing a plan for what to do with everything else – as part of the larger EOE team.
- Building relationships. Partner with Senior HR Leadership, HR Business Partners, Business Leaders, and central stakeholder teams as needed. Share best practices, partner on solutions, test existing mechanisms and continue to improve and support the velocity of the business by ensuring HR policies are easy to understand and easy to implement.
- Consult. Utilize past experience, deep knowledge of employment laws and policies and knowledge of works counsels/unions to inform judgment and policy approach.
- Communicate. Share your ideas, listen to others, deliver on commitments, follow-up, and follow-up again.
- Resourcefulness. If you don’t know it, that’s ok. But you should know where to go for the answer or how to find out.
- Bias for Action and dealing with ambiguity. Sometimes it is not clear how we are going to get there. Can you help carve a path? How fast can you do it? What are the tradeoffs? Take risks and be willing to try new things, fail fast and iterate.
- Drive culture of innovation, simplification and continuous improvement through testing policy mechanisms, best practice sharing, advocacy and hands-on leadership.
- Build/prioritize policy roadmap and drive the tactical execution of key Policy initiatives, including content creation.
- Manage and resolve escalations thoroughly and with appropriate urgency.
- Manage projects and processes in an environment requiring strong multi-tasking abilities.
- Work with a diverse group of stakeholders across WW Consumer, geographic regions as well as central teams to understand processes, policies, when to leverage other mechanisms and to validate effectiveness of policy solutions.
Key job responsibilities
This position will collaborate with stakeholders to analyze input data, customer feedback and country specific employment laws to inform policy decisions.
A day in the life
The PXT3 Policy Team objective is to own, simplify, and streamline PXT globally within WW Consumer. The team’s ownership of global policy governance includes standing up a foundational strategy and mechanisms to support the various stages of policy management and workflow. This includes policy intake, prioritization, research, benchmarking, content development, approval, change management, publishing, reporting, storage, and standardization.
About the team
We are at our best when we identify common issues and engage content owners to solve a policy gap. These partnership support our overall goal to write fair, transparent, and easy to understand policies.
Master’s Degree in Human Resources, or Business JD, advanced degree, or other specialized training in Employment Law Strategic thinker, and a change agent.· Presents with both confidence and a humbleness, and has a demonstrated ability to partner with senior leadership, understand business goals, analyze opportunities and develop policy project plans for various workflows. Self-driven; possess a high degree of ownership and have strong business acumen, excellent communication/influencing skills, planning/project management skills and thrive working in a fast-paced environment. Proficient in obtaining, organizing and analyzing data to make fact-based decisions and influence others. Demonstrated collaborative, problem-solving skills evidenced by results in past positions. Proficiency with the Microsoft Office Suite (Word, PowerPoint and Excel).
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.