- Bachelor's Degree
- 5+ years of experience in product or program management, product marketing, business development or technology
- Experience with end to end product delivery
- Experience overseeing roadmap strategy and definition
- Experience with feature delivery and tradeoffs of a product
- Experience contributing to engineering discussions around technology decisions and strategy related to a product
Interested in joining the team behind Amazon’s mobile Echo devices and experiences? Are you interested building consumer products that delight millions of customers? Come join our team!
As a Senior Product Manager (Technical) for Alexa Software Experiences, you will define and build highly engaging and delightful new experiences for mobile Echo devices, such as Echo Auto and Echo Buds. This role is inherently cross-functional -- you will work closely with product, engineering, design, finance, and executive teams to bring new features to market and develop and grow business opportunities for Amazon.
In your role, you will develop consumer-focused product vision, short-term and long-term strategy. You will challenge the status quo to deliver step change improvements in how Amazon Alexa is used in mobile situations. You will have to make innovative and tough choices to lead new products to completion within your cost and customer satisfaction guardrails, and working with multiple external and internal teams (hardware, software, marketing, and more). The target opportunity is massive, but also ambiguous and unconventional. You will take the new products globally by adapting and scaling them across a range of geographies.
A successful candidate will have a builder’s mindset, and be highly analytical, knowledgeable of mobile operating systems (iOS, Android) and cloud services, able to work extremely effectively in a matrix organization, and adept at synthesizing a variety of technologies and capabilities into high quality experiences and solutions that customers love.
- Define creative, high quality product roadmaps based on internal/external research, analysis, and data.
- Lead detailed, crisp business requirements and user stories that can be used to create product specifications and architecture for each product and application.
- Drive prioritization and trade-offs among customer experience, performance and operational support load.
- Create buy-in for the product vision both internally and with key external partners.
- Work closely with engineering teams and program management to deliver products to market.
- Drive product launches including working with public relations team, executives, and other product management team members.
- Proactively identify and resolve strategic issues that may impair the team’s ability to meet strategic, financial, and technical goals.
- Strong oral and written communication; you have the ability to communicate complex concepts clearly and persuasively across different audiences and varying levels of the organization.
- Past experience in a high performance start-up or incubation effort within a larger company
- Demonstrated ability to drive innovation and launch consumer software products at scale
- Strategic aptitude; ability to define a winning business strategy and execute within complex development cycles.
- Strong design thinking and empathy for the end customers
- At your best in a dynamic and rapidly changing environment
- Data driven with a high attention to detail.
- Executive presence to influence teams and leaders at all levels.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills
- Experience handling multiple products simultaneously