- 5+ years of professional experience of consumer facing software product management experience
- Bachelor’s degree or higher with a technical discipline
- Experience leading cross-functional teams to deliver products and projects on tight deadlines
- Experience coordinating complex product development cycles and software development schedules
Want to transform the way people enjoy video? Come join the team that brought Alexa to Fire TV, Amazon Video, Samsung TVs, Hulu, Netflix, and more. We are building a platform so that anyone can leverage the power of Alexa to ensure customers get to the content they care about, faster.
You will have a great opportunity to directly impact the customer experience, design, and implementation of cutting edge products that will be used every day by people you know. We’re looking for people who are passionate about innovating on behalf of customers, demonstrate a high degree of ownership, and want to have fun while they make history.
We are looking for an experienced Senior Product Manager-Tech to lead our efforts to make Alexa + FireTV even better together. This is one of our most strategic and visible areas of focus within Alexa Entertainment domain. Our long-term vision is for Alexa to be the best way to discover, control, and engage with any video content on any screen. This role will work closely with teams from all across Amazon, including Fire TV, Alexa Voice Services, Smart Home, and many more. With dedicated engineering resources, you will be empowered to build a roadmap that brings our long term vision to reality.
As a Senior Product Manager-Tech for Alexa Video, you will have an enormous opportunity to impact the customer experience, design, architecture, and implementation of cutting-edge products and services. You will drive product strategy and definition, and collaborate with engineering to develop and launch features.
Key job responsibilities
- Lead the definition and execution strategy for Device Expansion and Devices CX within Alexa Video to help move the Alexa Entertainment vision forward.
- Work with internal experts, quantitative and qualitative data, to develop documents articulating the aspirational vision and long to near term roadmap implications.
- Define and gather the necessary inputs to make high-quality product and roadmap decisions.
- Work with leaders across Alexa, Fire TV, Prime Video, Smart Home, AVS, and Amazon to secure buy-in.
- Define project requirements, priorities, methods for measurement and track their execution and success.
- Communicate with senior management on project status, strategy, risks, and issues
- Work closely with engineering teams and designers to deliver results to customers
A day in the life
The ideal candidate has a solid understanding of the software development process, a demonstrated track record of delivering new features and products, and passion for innovating on behalf of customers. They don’t need to have expertise in NLU (natural language understanding), or machine learning but should be curious. They value collaboration, data-driven decision making, learning, and can comfortably communicate with others, in both technical and non-technical roles. In this role, you will be on point to inform and guide technical and product design investments, driving requirements back to the engineering team to jointly deliver value to customers and developers alike.
About the team
You will be joining a new team of product, program, and engineering professionals focused on elevating the Alexa experience on Fire TV. Help us re-imagine the best-in-class voice experience for lean-back interaction on a large screen.
- MBA or Master’s degree
- Experience delivering consumer software products and services in a high growth environment
- 3+ years of consumer facing software product management experience in communications related products (e.g. IP messaging, voice, and video).
- Strong verbal and written communication skills with demonstrated experience engaging and influencing senior executives
- Strong analytical and quantitative skills with the ability to use data and metrics to back up assumptions, recommendations and drive actions
- Demonstrated ability to understand and discuss technical concepts, manage tradeoffs and evaluate opportunistic new ideas with internal and external partners
- Experience with developer evangelism.
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to think strategically and execute methodically.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- History of teamwork and willingness to roll up one’s sleeves to get the job done.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Broad technical breadth and depth including familiarity with mobile technology, web services and back-end application infrastructure
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.