- 5+ years of experience in program or project management
- Experience using data and metrics to drive improvements
- Experience owning program strategy, end to end delivery, and communicating results to senior leadership
- Bachelor’s degree in Statistics, Economics, Business, Analytics, Supply Chain, Engineering, Operations Research or other Operations disciplines
- 5+ years of experience in pricing, finance, general management, supply chain, or operations.
At Amazon, we're working to be the most Customer-centric company on earth. One customer experience that we’re constantly looking to take to a new level is how we fulfill and deliver their orders. Our goal is to exceed the expectations of all our customers by ensuring that their orders, no matter how large or small are delivered where and when they need them, as quickly, accurately, and cost effectively as possible. To meet this goal, Amazon is continually striving to innovate and provide best in class service levels through the introduction of pioneering new products and services in the last mile delivery space. We are doing this by building a world class last mile operation, significantly complimented by Amazon Flex. Amazon Flex works directly with independent contractors – called delivery partners – to make deliveries to our customers. With Amazon Flex, individuals can now be their own boss delivering Amazon packages.
As Sr. Program Manager, Flex Pricing you will be responsible for building and maintaining the Flex pricing strategy. You will maintain and implement pricing guardrails and optimize pricing decisions. You will partner with cross-functional teams to build automated pricing solutions, new pricing tools, and reporting to provide strategic business insight. You will drive new processes and automation to eliminate defects and prevent them from recurring without posing business risk. You will be obsessed with the delivery partner experience, ensuring that we are developing the right pricing strategy and tools to deliver on business needs.
If this sounds like an exciting fit for you, come join us and make history!
Key job functions are:
- Build, implement, and maintain pricing strategies for new and existing businesses.
- Build a scalable and logical process, utilizing historical data, that balances business needs.
- Adjust and maintain pricing levers to optimize the Flex business.
- Provide regular updates to senior leadership and partners on pricing strategy, methodology, and business impact.
- Work cross-functionally to drive pricing strategy alignment and build tools to automate strategic pricing decisions.
- Build a strong partnership with cross-functional teams to build automated tools and pricing strategies.
- Develop and analyze operational dashboards to identify areas of opportunity and address pre-defined as well as ad-hoc business questions.
- Experience with 'gig economy'
- Experience in building and managing pricing strategy and implementation for large scale global operations
- MBA, Masters, or advanced degree
- High attention to detail including precise and effective customer communications and proven ability to manage multiple, competing priorities simultaneously.
- Ability to work in a fast-paced environment where continuous innovation is desired.
- Proven track record of taking ownership and successfully delivering results in a fast-paced, dynamic environment.
- Strong problem solving skills; can dive deep for root cause resolutions
- Excellent communication (verbal and written) and an ability to effectively partner with business stakeholders
- Ability to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial and very busy environment
- Ability to manage competing priorities under ambiguity
- Analytical experience: handle, synthesize and analyze large data sets, draw out and then communicate insights through concise, written documents
- Demonstrated experience in data analytics, Advanced knowledge of Excel
- Working knowledge of SQL / ETL and visualization tools like tableau.
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us