- 3+ years’ experience managing complex technology projects
- 2+ years’ experience with agile methodologies
- 3+ years’ experience with project delivery for large, cross functional projects
- 3+ years’ experience developing Internet products and technologies Bachelor’s Degree or 4+years equivalent work experience
Does the challenge and ownership that comes from leading and driving large, cross-organizational projects and initiatives excite you? Do you enjoy working in an entrepreneurial environment solving complex technical problems and delivering innovative solutions? Then this is the job for you!
In this role you will work closely with the Loss Prevention software development and data services team to deliver high quality, scalable products. You will collaborate with the product teams to deliver the best product with most efficient use of resources and technologies. You will work with all the stakeholders to assemble project teams, assign responsibilities, identify appropriate resources needed, and develop schedules to ensure timely completion of projects by meeting project milestones. You will also assess risks, anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, make tradeoffs, balance the business needs versus technical constraints and encourage risk taking behavior to maximize business benefit.
Successful candidates will have a technical background, be detail driven and have excellent problem solving abilities. You should not only be passionate about delivering extensible, on-time solutions, but should also be obsessed with contributing to the development of high-performance teams through rigorous goal-setting, disciplined attention to performance metrics, continuous process improvement and mentorship.
You must be able to:
- Interact with Project Sponsors and development teams to define and deliver complex features
- Lead the effective and efficient delivery of the large, complex projects.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, provide escalation management, anticipate and make tradeoffs, and balance the business needs versus technical constraints.
- Identify gaps in development process and work with engineering teams to benchmark and improve quality and standards
- Maximize resources for the greater good of the organization.
- Identify, assess, track and mitigate issues and risks at multiple levels.
- Create, maintain and disseminate project information to stakeholders.
- Drive effective teamwork, communication, collaboration and commitment across multiple disparate groups with competing priorities.
Excellent written and oral communication skills · Quantitative analytical abilities · Proven problem solving skills · Strong organizational skills · Excellent technical skills · Degree in computer science or engineering preferred · Previous work experience as a software developer Amazon is an Equal Opportunity-Affirmative Action Employer – Minority / Female / Disability / Veteran / Gender Identity / Sexual Orientation