- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
Voice-driven AI experiences are becoming a reality and Amazon’s Alexa and Echo devices are at the forefront of this technology wave.
Our Devices and Services team is responsible for producing groundbreaking consumer electronics devices and experiences across Fire tablets, Fire TV and Amazon Echo family of ambient computing devices.
We are seeking a Senior Technical Program Manager for our ambient computing devices team. In this role you will be responsible for scoping and delivering large initiatives across Alexa devices and partners.
What will you help us create?
As a Senior Technical Program Manager on the devices team, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary team to plan and design innovative consumer products.
In this role, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements.
- Lead cross functional development on new technology from design through delivery including requirements gathering, driving project schedules from design to release.
- Work with cross functional and remote teams to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines.
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks, and change management.
- Anticipate bottlenecks, escalate as needed, recommend and make tradeoffs, and balance business needs and technical constraints.
- Take large, complex projects and break them down into manageable pieces, develop functional specifications, then deliver them in a successful and timely manner.
- Exhibit maturity, high judgment, negotiation skills, ability to influence, analytical thinking and leadership are essential to success in this role.
This position focuses on timely delivery of devices and experiences. We seek candidates who have shipped consumer products or services at scale, especially in the realm of consumer electronics or specialized hardware devices; with a visual component and delightful CX, innovating groundbreaking new experiences, and/or
integrating third-party developer content and applications.
The ideal candidate is
- Adept at working across cross functional teams, including hardware and software
- Development managers, principal engineering functions, design managers, and principal, Director, and VP-level product leaders, to deliver high profile projects under tight deadlines.
- You must be able to thrive and succeed in an entrepreneurial environment, and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
- Master's degree or advanced technical degree
- Creative leader with superior analytical abilities
- Knowledge of hardware development process and life cycle
- Experience with hardware PDP and SW experience development process
- Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us//.