- 7+ years of experience working directly with engineering teams
- Experience managing projects across cross functional teams, building sustainable processes and coordinating release schedules
- 5+ years of technical program management experience
Interested in joining the team behind Amazon’s Echo devices and experiences? We’re working hard, having fun, and making history! As a Senior Technical Program Manager, you will define and build the next generation of new Amazon Echo devices and Alexa experiences
A day in the life
Our team rewards intellectual curiosity while maintaining a laser-focus in bringing products to market. Competitive candidates are responsive, flexible, and able to succeed within an open, collaborative, entrepreneurial, startup-like environment. You have the opportunity to work with a wide range of talented engineers and product managers across multiple teams in Alexa, including hardware, software, speech recognition, music, shopping and many more.
About the hiring group
Our team is creating a new product category for Alexa that extends her capabilities to many more customers, and makes Alexa an always available personal assistant, advisor, and companion.
As a Technical Program Manager, you will engage with an experienced cross-disciplinary staff to conceive and design innovative consumer products. In this role, you will:
- Work with key stakeholders in product management and executive teams to define strategy and requirements
- Lead cross-functional development on new technology from design through delivery
- Work with multiple teams across many organizations to deliver supporting software and services in sync with launch timelines
- Communicate regularly with senior management on status, risks and change control
- Drive issues to resolution, working with the teams
Amazon is committed to a diverse and inclusive workplace. Amazon is an equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, national origin, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, protected veteran status, disability, age, or other legally protected status. For individuals with disabilities who would like to request an accommodation, please visit https://www.amazon.jobs/en/disability/us.
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills; experience presenting complex concepts and information to customers and senior management
- Tracking and mitigating risks on multiple large scale projects simultaneously * Track record for managing complex technology projects with aggressive schedules and scarce resources
- Track record for being detail-oriented with a demonstrated ability to self-motivate and follow-through on projects
- Ability to succeed and thrive in an entrepreneurial environment and not be hindered by ambiguity or competing priorities
- Demonstrated ability to influence and develop productive working relationships with customers and dependent teams